A Relay Server Cloud Connector (RSCC) is a hybrid solution that pulls content from a service endpoint and distributes it to your relay servers. This design initiates an outbound connection from your network to the VMware cloud to download content for distribution. An outbound connection represents a security advantage over other designs.
Each server intended to be used as an RSCC conduit must adhere to the following hardware specifications. The quantity of servers you must configure depends upon the number of products you want to push at a time.
- Navigate to .
- Download the RSCC Installer.
- Generate an installer certificate by selecting the Generate button.
- If you are configuring RSCC for the first time, download the RSCC configuration file by selecting the Download Configuration button. If the configuration file is already generated, skip to step 5.
- Place the installer and the configuration file in the same folder of the RSCC server.
- Run the RSCC Installer on each server you want to create.
- Run the installer and select the installation path.
- Provide the password that was entered while downloading the certificate in step 3.
- Enable or deactivate proxy.
- If deactivated, proceed to the next step.
- If enabled, then supply the Proxy Information including the Proxy Host name, port number, auth type with username and password.
- Enable or deactivate Custom Discovery Text.
- If deactivated, the Discovery Text becomes a combination of the server's IP address plus its MAC address.
- If enabled, the Custom Discovery Text entered must be unique for each RSCC server.
- Select Install and complete the installation.
- System Code Changes.
- RelayServerCloudConnectorApplicableCommandRetrievalBatchSize: 2000
- RelayServerCloudConnectorMaxCommandQueueIteration: 1
- RelayServerCloudConnectorBatchSize: 50
- If you have more than one content pull endpoint, take the following steps to directly update the RSCC config file with the content pull endpoint URL.
- Login to each RSCC server machine.
- Stop the RSCC service.
- Navigate to the folder where RSCC is installed and locate the
- Edit the PullServiceURL text box with the content pull URL.
The following is an example only.
- Navigate to c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc and edit the
- Add the IP address and host name to the
hostsfile as shown.
The following is an example only.
- Save the hosts file.
- Restart the RSCC service.
- Pull up the list of Windows Services and stop the Content Delivery Service (CDS).
CDS will be either in the console server or standalone.
- Add each RSCC server in the console one by one using this configuration.
- While logged into Workspace ONE UEM in the Global OG, navigate to .
- Copy (Ctrl-C) the pull discovery text. If the pull discovery text is not displayed, then you must use the IP address from one of the RSCC machines (except 127.0.0.1) to create the relay server.
- Move to the OG in which you downloaded the RSCC certificate and navigate to Add > Add Relay Server button. and select
- Complete the required text boxes, making sure you set Relay Server Type to 'Cloud Relay'.
- Switch to the Assignment tab and select the appropriate OG.
- Switch to the Pull Connection tab and complete all required text boxes, making sure you paste the discovery text (copied earlier) into the Pull Discovery Text text box.
- Select Save. Repeat a. through f. until each RSCC server is added.
- On the