A Relay Server Cloud Connector (RSCC) is a hybrid solution that pulls content from a service endpoint and distributes it to your relay servers. This design initiates an outbound connection from your network to the VMware cloud to download content for distribution. An outbound connection represents a security advantage over other designs.
Each server intended to be used as an RSCC conduit must adhere to the following hardware specifications. The quantity of servers you must configure depends upon the number of products you want to push at a time.
RSCC Server Hardware: CPU with 4 cores x 2 sockets (for a total of 8 vCPUs), 8GB RAM and 100 GB of free HD/SSD space (not including space required for the OS). The extra space is for the storage of files on RSCC.
- Enable the PullServiceInstaller feature flag
- for example,
- Download the RSCC Installer
- Generate an Installer Certificate. Navigate to Generate button. . Select the
- Download the RSCC configuration file. If you are configuring RSCC for the first time, select the Download Configuration button.
- Place the installer and the configuration file in the same folder of the RSCC server.
- Run the RSCC Installer on each server you want to create.
- Run the installer and choose the installation path.
- Provide the password that was entered while downloading the certificate in step 3.
- Enable or disable proxy.
- If disabled, proceed to the next step.
- If enabled, then supply the Proxy Information including the Proxy Host name, port number, auth type with username and password.
- Enable or disable Custom Discovery Text.
- If disabled, the Discovery Text becomes a combination of the server's IP address plus its MAC address.
- If enabled, the Custom Discovery Text entered must be unique for each RSCC server.
- Select Install and complete the installation.
- System Code Changes (where are these located?)
- RelayServerCloudConnectorApplicableCommandRetrievalBatchSize: 2000
- RelayServerCloudConnectorMaxCommandQueueIteration: 1
- RelayServerCloudConnectorBatchSize: 50
- If you have more than one content pull endpoint, take the following steps to directly update the RSCC config file with the content pull endpoint URL.
- Login to each RSCC server machine
- Stop the RSCC service
- Navigate to the folder where RSCC is installed and locate the
- Edit the PullServiceURL field with the content pull URL. For example, https://vmware.bng.com/contentpull
- Navigate to c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc and edit the
- Add the IP address and host name to the
hostsfile as shown.
- Save the hosts file.
- Restart the RSCC service.
- Pull up the list of Windows Services and stop the Content Delivery Service (CDS).
- Enable the RSCC feature flag (this step to be removed once the FF is on by default).
- for example,
- Add each RSCC server in the console one by one using this configuration.
- While logged into Workspace ONE UEM in the Global OG, navigate to .
- Copy (Ctrl-C) the pull discovery text. If the pull discovery text is not provided, then you must use the IP address from one of the RSCC machines (except 127.0.0.1) to create the relay server.
- Move to the OG in which you downloaded the RSCC certificate and navigate to Add > Add Relay Server button. and select
- Complete the required text boxes, making sure Relay Server Type is set to 'Cloud Relay'.
- Switch to the Assignment tab and select the appropriate OG.
- Switch to the Pull Connection tab and complete all required text boxes, making sure you paste the discovery text (copied earlier) into the Pull Discovery Text text box.
- Select Save. Repeat a. through g. until each RSCC server is added.
- On the
page, activate each RSCC server by selecting its red toggle button, turning it to green.