The Platform OEM (POEM) Service is an extra application that allows the console for Workspace ONE UEM powered by AirWatch to provide extended management capabilities to Android legacy devices only.
After you enroll, the Workspace ONE UEM console automatically detects if the device can take advantage of additional device capabilities, and deploys an Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) specific service application to your Android. The OEM Service app is a plug-in app that is only installed and used with Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub enrollment.
It allows for additional MDM capabilities that only pertain to a specific OEM device. All these APKs are available through AirWatch Resources by request. There are a few service applications that we publish to the Google Play Store (see list below).
Here is a sample of supported features and available OEMs for the Platform OEM Service.
POEM Service Features
- Silent App installation, uninstallation, and updates
- Silent Device Administrator Activation on start
- Date/Time configuration (date format, time format, time zone, server time, SNTP, HTTP URL, or Auto)
- Toggle Bluetooth on/off with the Disable Bluetooth restriction.
- Disable installation from unknown sources on 5.0 Lollipop and above.
- Device Reboot
POEM Service Versions
- Zebra CC5000
POEM Service Version Available on the Google Play Store