Upgrade Android devices remotely with the OS Upgrade File-Action. Add the file-action to a product to update your devices without a need for a manual OS update.
This OS Upgrade task applies to non-Zebra devices running any version of Android. If you want to OS Upgrade a Zebra device running Android 8.0 or later, then see Create an OS Upgrade for Zebra Devices, Android 8.0+.
- Navigate to Add Files/Actions button. and select the
- Select the Android platform.
- Complete the General text boxes.
- Enter a Name.
- Enter a Description.
- View the pre-populated Version number of the file-action.
- View and confirm the Platform for the file-action.
- Enter who the files-actions are Managed By.
- Select the Files tab.
- Select the Add Files button and upload the extracted OS update files.
For Zebra devices, upload the following files and specify the path as either /data/tmp/ to store the file on the data partition, or as a known internal path to store it on the internal storage. For other devices, specify a known internal storage path on the device, such as /sdcard/.
- OS Update ZIP file – This file can be a major or minor OS upgrade file. The file can also be an enterprise reset package.
- [optional] Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub update package (APF) – This optional file can be specified to update the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub before initiating the actual OS update. Workspace ONE UEM can provide this APK.
- Select the Manifest tab and select Add Action under the Install Manifest.
- Add OS Upgrade command to the manifest and select the corresponding OS upgrade file that was uploaded earlier.
Your Manifest tab looks similar to the following.
- Select Save.
What to do next
After creating an OS Upgrade file/action, create a product to push the upgrade to your devices. See Create a Product for more information.