You can enroll Zebra Android devices with a Stage Now barcode straight from the console for Workspace ONE UEM powered by AirWatch. The Stage Now staging client is Zebra's Android solution for staging Zebra devices and preparing them for production use.
Workspace ONE UEM supports Stage Now given the following conditions and limitations.
If you plan to enroll Zebra devices in Work-Managed Device Mode with a Stage Now barcode, take the following steps.
- Zebra devices must be running Android 7.1 (Nougat) with MX version 7.1 or later.
- Zebra devices running Android 6.x (Marshmallow) and earlier must continue to use Rapid Deployment as the default staging client.
- You must have Android Hub version 8.2 or later uploaded to the console as the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub Package.
- Relay Servers
- Stage Now supports only FTP Relay Servers set to passive mode. FTP Relay servers in active mode are not supported and do not function with the Stage Now client.
- HTTPS endpoints for the relay server are supported so long as they are configured using the web server of your choice (for example IIS). You must also select the HTTPS protocol when you Configure a Relay Server.
- Ensure the Stage Now URL setting, found in , is set to the appropriate URL.
- If your on premises environment is configuring your own Stage Now server, then place your custom URL in this text box.
- If your on premises environment is not configuring your own Stage Now server, then you simply must open your networks to allow access to the URL listed here.
- SaaS environments do not need to change this text box.
- There must be no Google account present on the device while attempting Stage Now enrollment in Work-Managed Mode.
- Use the Organization Group selector to select the OG you want to configure for your Android devices.
- Navigate to Enrollment Restrictions tab. and select the
- Complete the following settings.
Setting Description Current Setting Select Override and affect changes to the OG you selected in step 1. Define the enrollment method for this organization group.
This setting determines how this OG treats Android (Legacy) devices. Select from among the following settings.
Always use Android – This setting enables the Device Owner Mode slider on the Generate Stage Now Barcode screen and makes it uneditable. This setting forces all Android (Legacy) devices that enroll in this OG to be in Device Owner Mode (or Work Managed Device Mode).
Always use Android (Legacy) – This setting disables the Device Owner Mode slider from the Generate Stage Now Barcode screen and makes it uneditable. This setting forces all Android (Legacy) devices that enroll in this OG to be in Device Admin Mode.
Define Assignment Groups that use Android – This setting enables the Device Owner Mode slider on the Generate Stage Now Barcode screen and makes it editable, allowing you the choice of enrolling Android devices in Device Owner Mode (Work Managed Device Mode) or enrolling them in Device Admin Mode. Select the Smart Groups you have assigned to the Zebra devices you want to enroll using these settings.
- Follow the steps described in Generate a Barcode Staging Package to generate a Zebra StageNow Barcode.
- Direct your end user to take the following steps after they take possession of the newly enrolled device.
The device is enrolled into Work-Managed mode automatically.
- Start the device from a "factory settings" state.
- Ensure that there is no Google account on the device.
- Proceed through the Setup Wizard or scan the "skip setup wizard" barcode provided by Zebra.
- Open the Stage Now application.
- Scan the barcode you made in step 4.