You can enroll Honeywell Android devices with a staging barcode straight from the console for Workspace ONE UEM powered by AirWatch. The Honeywell Enterprise Provisioner is Honeywell's Android solution for staging devices and preparing them for production use.
- Ensure the Honeywell Enterprise Provisioner URL setting, found in , is set to the appropriate URL.
- If your on premises environment is configuring your own Honeywell Enterprise Provisioner server, then place your custom URL in this text box.
- If your on premises environment is not configuring your own Honeywell Enterprise Provisioner server, then you must open your networks to allow access to the URL listed here.
- SaaS environments do not need to change this text box.
- Protocols supported: FTP, FTPS, HTTPS
- Advanced Staging Manifest is not currently supported.
If you plan to enroll Honeywell devices with a staging barcode, take the following steps.
- Use the Organization Group selector to select the OG you want to configure for your Android devices.
- Navigate to Enrollment Restrictions tab. and select the
- Complete the following settings.
Setting Description Current Setting Select Override and affect changes to the OG you selected in step 1. Define the enrollment method for this organization group.
This setting determines how this OG treats Android (Legacy) devices. Select from among the following settings.
Always use Android – This setting enables the Device Owner Mode slider on the Generate Honeywell Barcode screen and makes it uneditable. This setting forces all Android (Legacy) devices that enroll in this OG to be in Device Owner Mode (or Work Managed Device Mode).
Always use Android (Legacy) – This setting disables the Device Owner Mode slider from the Generate Honeywell Barcode screen and makes it uneditable. This setting forces all Android (Legacy) devices that enroll in this OG to be in Device Admin Mode.
Define Assignment Groups that use Android – This setting enables the Device Owner Mode slider on the Generate Honeywell Barcode screen and makes it editable, allowing you the choice of enrolling Android devices in Device Owner Mode (Work Managed Device Mode) or enrolling them in Device Admin Mode. Select the Smart Groups you have assigned to the Honeywell devices you want to enroll using these settings.
- Direct your end user to take the following steps after they take possession of the newly enrolled device.
The device is enrolled automatically.
- Start the device from a "factory settings" state.
- Ensure that there is no Google account on the device.
- Proceed through the Setup Wizard.
- Open the Enterprise Provisioner or the EZ Config application.
- Scan the barcode.