With Knox Mobile Enrollment, IT admins and end users can complete the process.
- Make sure it is available in your country.
- Purchase devices from an approved carrier or reseller.
- Use only Knox Mobile Enrollment supported devices.
- Have a Knox web account with the Knox Mobile Enrollment feature enabled.
Enterprise accounts must be verified by Samsung. From the Workspace ONE UEM console, the only requirement is that the enrollment username and password is present, otherwise users may be prompted to enter credential information during enrollment.
- Turn on the device from factory reset state.
- Connect to a preferred Wi-Fi network.
- Complete the setup wizard which automatically prompts the installation of the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub.
Note: End users may be required to provide a username and password, depending on the settings in the Workspace ONE UEMconsole and Knox Mobile Enrollment Portal.Note: On Knox Knox 2.8 and higher devices, excluding devices on ATT network, you do not have to walk through the entire setup wizard. After you connect to Wi-fi, enrollment starts automatically and you can proceed to step 4.
- Enroll devices with limited to zero user interaction depending on the settings in the Workspace ONE UEM console and Knox Mobile Enrollment Portal.
Devices can be enrolled to an end user directly or staged so that the end user can complete enrolling the device to themselves when they receive the device.
What to do next
Once a participating device is enrolled into Workspace ONE UEM, it is bound until the unique identifier is removed from the Mobile Enrollment Portal. This essentially means that the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub and Samsung ELM Service applications persist enrollment even if the device is erased or factory reset.