Before deploying Smart Glasses, consider the following requirements from the Workspace ONE UEM team. Familiarizing yourself with the information available in this section helps prepare you for a successful deployment of devices.
Supported Operating Systems
- Workspace ONE UEM console v8.2+
- A PC or Mac computer equipped with Android Debug Bridge is needed for sideload staging.
- Google Glass only: 1st edition Google Glass OS version EE13-EE15 is deployed with Android (Legacy) settings.
- First edition Google Glass runs a version of the Android OS, but not all features that are available on mobile devices are available on Google Glass. Google Glass OS versions are identified as EExx. Google Glass EE13-EE15 has the capability for Workspace ONE UEM to push apps and is the minimum recommended version for customers. Contact Google to get information on how to upgrade your device.
- Google Glass EE2 provides Android Work Managed Device Mode functionality. This documentation will include separate sections for Google Glass EE2 deployment.
- All Smart Glasses must be registered in the Workspace ONE UEM console in a separate Organization Group.
- Disable the following enrollment settings:
- Optional Prompts
- Create separate Android (Legacy) profiles for your Smart Glasses deployment with Google Glass EE15 or below. Do not reuse Android (Legacy) mobile profiles.
- Enable Direct Prompt in Hub Settings to allow silent application install.
Google Glass EE2 Best Practices
The latest version of Google Glass, Google Glass EE2, provides Android functionality that is highlighted in this section.
- Google Glass EE2 devices must be enrolled into an Organization Group that is enabled for Android. This is done by registering with Google under Settings > Device & Users > Android > Android EMM Registration.
- Create separate Android profiles for your Smart Glasses deployment with Google Glass EE2. Do not reuse Android mobile profiles.