Once you configure an application, add a single assignment or multiple assignments. If you add multiple assignments, prioritize the importance of the assignment by moving its place in the list up for most important or down for least important.
- Navigate to Resources > Apps > Native > Internal or Public.
- Upload an application and select Save & Assign or select the application and choose Assign from the actions menu.
- Select Add Assignment and complete the following options.
Setting Description Select Assignment Groups Type a smart group name to select the groups of devices to receive the assignment. App Delivery Method
On Demand – Deploys content to a catalog or other deployment Hub and lets the device user decide if and when to install the content.
This option is the best choice for content that is not critical to the organization. Allowing users to download the content when they want helps conserve bandwidth and limits unnecessary traffic.
Automatic – Deploys content to a catalog or other deployment Hub on a device upon enrollment. After the device enrolls, the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hubautomatically installs the app without needing user interaction.
This option is the best choice when it is critical to your organization and its mobile users.
Deployment Begins On
Set a day of the month and a time of day for the deployment to start.
The Priority setting governs which deployments push first. Workspace ONE UEM then pushes deployments according to the Effective configuration.
To set a beginning date with enough bandwidth for successful deployment, consider the traffic patterns of your network .
- Select Add.
- Use the Move Up and Move Down options to order assignments if you have more than one. Place critical assignments at the top of the list. This configuration displays as the Priority.The Priority setting takes precedence when there are conflicting deployments assigned to a single device.
- Select Save & Publish.
Manage your macOS Software Distribution Updates
Once the macOS application or software is deployed, the deployed application or software can be managed from the Workspace ONE UEM console. You can manage updates by uploading a new version of the file onto the UEM console.
- Navigate to Resources > Apps > Native.
- Select the application that you want to update.
- On the top right of the Details page, select Add Version.
- Upload the installer and the .pkginfo file of the new version.
- If necessary, perform additional changes and then Save.
- Select Save & Assign.