As a Workspace ONE UEM admin, you can configure the settings related to administrator passwords for the Workspace ONE UEM console on the Password settings page.
What can you do with the Passwords settings page?
The path to the settings page on the UEM console is.
With the Passwords settings page, you can:
- Set the length, complexity, and expiration period for the passwords.
- Set the number of the password recovery questions an admin must answer to reset the password.
- Add custom questions for password recovery.
- Activate or deactivate the questions for password recovery.
The following apply to admin accounts you created in Workspace ONE UEM.
|Enforced password history||You can prevent the administrators from reusing old passwords and thus ensure enhanced security. To do so, you can set the number of passwords that the UEM console must remember before allowing the admins to reuse any of the old passwords.|
|Password Expiration Period (days)||You can select the number of days after which a password must expire.|
|Minimum password length||You can set the least number of characters the password must contain.|
|Password complexity level||You can set the complexity requirements for the password.
You can either force the users to create passwords that are a combination of letters, numbers, special characters or not have any restrictions at all.
|Maximum invalid login attempts||
You can decide how many invalid login attempts (maximum of 10) are allowed before a lockout.The default amount of time admins are locked out is 10 minutes.
|Required Password Recovery Questions||You can select the number of password recovery questions the admin must answer to reset the password.|
|Custom Password Recovery Questions||You can activate this setting to allow adding of custom questions.|
Password Recovery Questions
You can check and change the status of the password recovery questions on this page.
- Active - A green indicator against a question means the question is active and is available as a password recovery question.
- Inactive - A red indicator against a question means the question is inactive and is unavailable as a password recovery question.