The Workspace ONE Web settings page lets you configure settings related to the VMware Workspace ONE Web app.
What can you do with the Workspace ONE Web settings page?
- Define the settings and policies used by the WEB application.
- Enable the general settings for the WEB application.
Determine your Organization group hierarchy
- Current Setting - Select whether to Inherit or Override the displayed settings. Inherit means use the settings of the current organization group's parent OG, while Override enables the settings for editing so you can modify the current OG's settings directly.
- Child Permission - Select the available behavior of child organization groups that exist below the currently selected organization group. Inherit only means child OGs are only allowed to inherit these settings. Override only means they override the settings, and Inherit or Override means you can choose to inherit or override settings in child OGs that exist below the currently selected OG.
Workspace ONE Web Settings
Select an application profile to apply SDK functionality to your app.
|iOS SDK Profile||Select the appropriate profile from the drop-down menu that appears when you enable a Custom Application Profile to override default SDK settings.|
|Android SDK Profile||Select the appropriate profile from the drop-down menu that appears when you enable a Custom Application Profile to override default SDK settings.|
|Use Legacy Settings and Policies||Enable to configure settings and policies for legacy web only.|
|Deactivate Copy||(Legacy web only) Enable this option to prevent copying from device. Configure this option under Data Loss Prevention in .|
|Deactivate Printing||(Legacy web only) Enable this option to prevent printing from device. Configure this option under Data Loss Prevention in .|
|Force Downloads To Open in Content Locker||(Legacy web only) Enable this option to open the force downloaded documents in Content Locker. Configure this option under Data Loss Prevention in .|
|Enable AW Tunnel Proxy||(Legacy web only) Enable AW App Tunnel Proxy to access internal network. Configure this option under Data Loss Prevention in .|
|iOS SDK Profile (Legacy)||Select the appropriate iOS SDK profile from the drop-down menu for the legacy web.|
- Child Permission – Select the available behavior of child organization groups that exist below the currently selected organization group. Inherit only means child OGs are only allowed to inherit these settings. Override only means they override the settings, and Inherit or Override means you can choose to inherit or override settings in child OGs that exist below the currently selected OG.
|Accept Cookies||Enable to accept cookies from websites viewed in the Workspace ONE Web.|
|Clear Cookies Upon Exit||Enable to clear cookies when the app fully closes.|
|Clear Cookies and History if Idle||Enable to clear cookies and history if the web is idle for x minutes.|
|Clear Cookies and History if Idle for (mins)||Set the idle time in minutes to a value between 0.5 and 60 to ensure cookies and history are clear.|
|Remember History||Enable to keep track of the sites visited by the user.|
|Remember History From||Select the length of time you want the app to remember history to from the drop-down menu.|
|Caching||Enable to enhance web performance and reduce perceived lag time. Disable to protect browsing data on compromised devices.|
|Allow Connection to Untrusted Sites||
Disable if navigating to untrusted sites is a security concern for your organization.
Enable to give end users maximum navigation flexibility and ease of use.
|Sync User Bookmarks||Enable this to sync bookmarks across various devices of the same user.|
|Default View Mode||Set the default view mode for Workspace ONE Web. Select Desktop to set desktop as the default view mode. When selected, the Workspace ONE Web renders the web pages in desktop mode if the websites supports the mode.|
|Kiosk Mode||Enable for Workspace ONE Web to function in Kiosk Mode. Kiosk Mode removes the navigation bar and limits browsing to the homepage and its available links.|
|Return Home After Inactivity||Direct the Workspace ONE Web back to the home page after a period of Inactivity (min). The values can be greater than or equal to 0.5 minutes.|
|Clear Cookies and History with Home||Prevent users from accessing the previous user's secure information after they finish using the Workspace ONE Web.|
|Enable Multiple Tabs Support||You can have multiple tabs opened within kiosk mode. This feature is supported only on iOS and Android devices.|
|Home Page URL||Define the URL displayed when the web starts. Leave this field blank to display a 'Recently Visited' page by default.|
Allow to limit browsing to domains white listed in the Allowed Site URLs field.
Deny to allow browsing to all sites except those listed in the Denied Site URLs field.
|Allowed/Denied Site URLs||
Use the following recommendations to allow and deny domains.
|Allow IP Browsing||
Select to allow IP addresses for browsing.
A user can navigate to a allow listed IP address even if the actual domain for the IP address was included in the Denied Site URL listing.
|Allowed IP Addresses||
Add IP addresses using the following recommendations:
|URLs for Predefined Bookmarks in Workspace ONE Web||Configure bookmarks to display as a URL address or with a friendly name.|
|Name||Provide text in this field to display as the friendly name. Leave this field blank to display the URL as the bookmark name.|
|URL||Provide the bookmark URL.|
|Add||Select to add additional bookmarks.|
Do not configure any settings on this tab unless you have been provided with specific instructions on how to complete the fields from Workspace ONE UEM.