As an adimistrator, you can configure various options that affect the iOS Intelligent Hub mobile app.
The path to Apple iOS Hub settings on the UEM console is Groups & Settings > All Settings > Device & Users > Apple > Apple iOS > Hub Settings.
What can you do with the Apple iOS Hub settings page?
With the iOS Hub settings page, you can:
- Restrict the unenroll device options from within the Wokspace ONE Intelligent Hub.
- Collect the GPS coordinates of the device and detect the iBecon brodcasting
- Collect the cellular data usage of the device.
- Enable Self-Service to display MDM status of the device.
- Set the global or legacy SDK profile settings.
- Send the notifications from Workspace ONE UEM console to devices.
Determine your Organization group hierarchy
Before you review and modify the settings, understand the two types of inheritance/override options for the organization group hierarchy available at the top and bottom of the settings page and determine your choice. For more information about these settings, see Override Versus Inherit Setting for Organization Group.
- Current Setting – Select whether to Inherit or Override the displayed settings. Inherit means use the settings of the current organization group's parent OG, while Override enables the settings for editing so you can modify the current OG's settings directly.
- Child Permission – Select the available behavior of child organization groups that exist below the currently selected organization group. Inherit only means child OGs are only allowed to inherit these settings. Override only means they override the settings, and Inherit or Override means you can choose to inherit or override settings in child OGs that exist below the currently selected OG.
|Unenroll Option in Intelligent Hub||Use this setting to deactivate the user's ability to unenroll from Workspace ONE UEM MDM using the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub. This setting is only available in the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub v4.9.2 and higher.|
|Background App Refresh||
This setting tells the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub the maximum allowed time interval to refresh app content. Some applications run for a brief period before reaching a suspended state. Background App Refresh is a feature in iOS where the application itself wakes from this suspended state. During this refresh, the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub reports information, such as compromised detection, hardware details, GPS, iBeacon, and telecom, to the UEM console. The frequency at which the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub refreshes is controlled by the OS and only completed during efficient times, such as when the device is plugged into a power source, frequency of use, or connected to Wi-Fi.
To take advantage of the Background App Refresh feature, this setting must be enabled in the UEM console, the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub cannot be stopped on the device, and Background App Refresh must be enabled on the device for the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub under
|Collect Location Data||Select this option to enable Worskspace ONE Intelligent Hub to collect the GPS coordinates of the device.|
|Detect iBeacon Area||Select this option to enable Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub to detect iBeacon broadcasting area.|
|Collect Cellular Data Usage||Select this option to enable Worskspace ONE Intelligent Hub to collect cellular data usage by the device.|
|Self Service Enabled||Select this option to enable self service to display the MDM status of the device.|
|SDK Profile (Legacy)||Enter the SDK profile.|
|SDK Profile||This value corresponds to default iOS SDK settings at Global.|
These notification settings ensure the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub can send push notifications.
Notification (iOS Only)
Use this tab to configure notifications that are sent to devices from the UEM console.
|Application Type||Choose to configure the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub either as a system app or an internal Workspace ONE UEM app to set system preferences. By default, the application type is set as System.|
|Application Name||Select an internal application from the drop-down menu. Ensure the Application Name appears the same way as it is does on the Internal List View page on the Apps & Books tab in the UEM console. Only internal applications with APNs certificates that were uploaded at the time the application was uploaded to the Console are seen here.|
|Bundle ID||This field is populated based on the selections above. This Bundle ID matches the application bundle ID that has been uploaded internally or selected from the drop-down menu.|