As an admin, you configure a few additional settings related to the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub and managing iOS devices.
The path to Apple Managed settings on the UEM console is Groups & Settings > All Settings > Device & Users > Apple > Apple iOS > Hub Setting
What can you do with the Apple Managed settings page?
With the Managed settings, you can:
- Apply the default settings such as voice and data roaming, personal hotspot, activation lock, bluetooth to dedicated and shared corporate, and employee-owned devices.
- Apply wall paper settings to dedicated and shared corporate, and employee-owned devices.
- Apply organizational settings.
Determine your Organization group hierarchy
Before you review and modify the settings, understand the two types of inheritance/override options for the organization group hierarchy available at the top and bottom of the settings page and determine your choice. For more information about these settings, see Override Versus Inherit Setting for Organization Groups.
- Current Setting – Select whether to Inherit or Override the displayed settings. Inherit means use the settings of the current organization group's parent OG, while Override enables the settings for editing so you can modify the current OG's settings directly.
- Child Permission – Select the available behavior of child organization groups that exist below the currently selected organization group. Inherit only means child OGs are only allowed to inherit these settings. Override only means they override the settings, and Inherit or Override means you can choose to inherit or override settings in child OGs that exist below the currently selected OG.
Default Managed Settings
|Apply Default Settings To||Select which ownership types you want each of the default managed settings below to apply to.|
|Voice Roaming||Select the checkbox to allow voice roaming.|
Select the checkbox to allow data roaming.
|Personal Hotspot||Select the checkbox to allow personal hotspot functionality.|
|Activation Lock||Select the checkbox to allow Activation Lock functionality.|
|Bluetooth||Select the checkbox to enable bluetooth functionality. This is applicable to iOS 11.3 and later supervised devices only.|
|Apply Default Settings To||Select the ownership type(s) to which the following default managed settings are applied.|
|Lock Screen Image||Upload a lock screen image that displays when an end user locks their device.|
|Home Screen Image||Upload the home screen image that displays on the device.|
Send notifications or other MDM prompts with customized organization information. These ogranization details may also appear during enrollment in the MDM profile.
|Organization Name||Enter your organization name.|
|Organization Phone Number||Enter your organization phone number.|
|Organization Email||Enter your organization email address.|
|Required App||Search or enter the iTunes Store ID of the application. This functinality is available for iOS 15.1 and later devices.|