Use Apple's Managed Distribution system integrated with Workspace ONE UEM to distribute your free and purchased Volume Purchase Program (VPP) applications and books to Apple iOS 7+ devices. The managed distribution model uses service tokens (also called sTokens) to retrieve your VPP contents and distribute them to devices using the UEM console.
The path to VPP managed Distribution page on on the UEM console is.
What can you do with the Apple VPP Managed Distribution settings page?
With the Apple VPP Managed Distribution settings, you can:
- Use your VPP Account ID as the description to identify the correct account if you use multiple sTokens.
- Select the region to ensure Workspace ONE UEM uploads the correct versions of your purchases.
- Send an invitation to join and register with Apple's VPP to all the users after you save the token.
Determine your Organization group hierarchy
- Current Setting – Select whether to Inherit or Override the displayed settings. Inherit means use the settings of the current organization group's parent OG, while Override enables the settings for editing so you can modify the current OG's settings directly.
- Child Permission – Select the available behavior of child organization groups that exist below the currently selected organization group. Inherit only means child OGs are only allowed to inherit these settings. Override only means they override the settings, and Inherit or Override means you can choose to inherit or override settings in child OGs that exist below the currently selected OG.
This setting can be enabled at or below an Organization Group.
Enter your VPP Account ID.
Using your VPP Account ID as the description has several advantages:
|SToken Upload||Select Upload to navigate to the sToken on your network.|
Select where Workspace ONE UEM should validate the sToken.
This value reflects the region from where you bought content and ensures Workspace ONE UEM uploads the correct versions of your purchases.
When you sync your licenses, Workspace ONE UEM pulls the correct regional version of the content.
If Workspace ONE UEM cannot find the content in the app store from the region entered, Workspace ONE UEM automatically searches the iTunes App Store in the United States.
|Automatically Send Invites||
Use the Message Preview option to review the invitation.
Note: If your environment includes VPP applications set to the Assignment Type, Auto, then Workspace ONE UEM sends invitations no matter how you configure this option. This behavior facilitates quick access to applications upon enrollment.
Workspace ONE UEM automatically sends users of Apple iOS 7.0.3+ an invite command when you enable this option. It does not send them an email message.
You do not have to enable this immediately. You can leave it turned off and still upload your token. Return and enable this feature to send invitations to all the enrolled devices whose users have not yet accepted to join the VPP.
|Message Template||Select an email template for an email message invitation for Apple iOS devices on Apple iOS 7.0.0 through 7.0.2.|