The Advanced settings page under Devices & Users lets you configure settings related to how the Workspace ONE ™ UEM console identifies and reports device activity.
Configure Enrollment settings by navigating to.
What can you do with the Workspace ONE UEM Advanced settings page?
- Choose how long the console waits for a device to check in before the device status becomes inactive.
- Choose how certificates are revoked (sampling vs no sampling) and how long the console waits between revocation attempts for Not Reported devices (works with platform-specific sample interval setting).
- Choose how long after a user pauses their enrollment process before the enrollment is reset.
- Determine whether IP address ranges serve as a grouping mechanism or as a device identifier.
Determine your Organizational group hierarchy
Before you review and modify settings, understand the two types of inheritance/override options for the organization group hierarchy available at the top and bottom of the settings page and determine your choices. For more information about these settings, see Override Versus Inherit Setting for Organization Groups.
- Current Setting – Select whether to Inherit or Override the displayed settings. Inherit means use the settings of the current organization group's parent OG, while Override enables the settings for editing so you can modify the current OG's settings directly.
- Child Permission – Select the available behavior of child organization groups that exist below the currently selected organization group. Inherit only means child OGs are only allowed to inherit these settings. Override only means they override the settings, and Inherit or Override means you can choose to inherit or override settings in child OGs that exist below the currently selected OG.
|Device Inactivity Timeout (min)
|Enter the number of minutes that a device not seen by the console is identified as inactive.
|Certificate Revocation Grace Period (hours)
|Enter the amount of time in hours after the discovery that a required certificate is missing from a device that the system shall wait before actually revoking the certificate.
Given the vagaries of wireless technology and network bandwidth performance, this field is designed to prevent false negatives or times when a certificate is falsely identified as not existing on a device.
|Enrollment Session Timeout (min)
|Enter the amount of time in minutes that the system will force an enrollment restart after a user's enrollment session begins without completing.
|Device Assignment Rules
|Enables the use and assignment of IP address ranges as a grouping mechanism or device identifier.
|Enable Auth Proxy Body Response
|Legacy architecture designed to mimic the functionality of VESC (VMware Enterprise Systems Connector) or EIS (Enterprise Integration Service).