As an admin, you set the type of Windows Auto-Discovery (WADS) deployment you want to use in the Workspace ONE UEM console. Windows Auto-Discovery is a service that allows users to enroll using only their email address and removes the need for end users to enter in a server address and a group identifier.
What can you do with the Windows Auto-Discovery page?
The path to the settings page in the Workspace ONE UEM console is .
- Select to use an on-premises WADS solution or to use Workspace ONE UEM Cloud-Hosted WADS.
- Download the Workspace ONE UEM Windows Auto-Discovery Installer.
Determine your Organization Group hierarchy
- Current Setting – Select whether to Inherit or Override the displayed settings. Inherit means use the settings of the current organization group's parent OG, while Override enables the settings for editing so you can modify the current OG's settings directly.
- Child Permission – Select the available behavior of child organization groups that exist below the currently selected organization group. Inherit only means child OGs are only allowed to inherit these settings. Override only means they override the settings, and Inherit or Override means you can choose to inherit or override settings in child OGs that exist below the currently selected OG.
- On-Premises - Download Windows Auto-Discovery Installer: Select to download the installer for creating an on-premises WADS solution.
- Cloud-Hosted - Register Domain for Windows Auto-Discovery: Select to launch the domain registry wizard for configuring a cloud-hosted WADS solution.
Download Windows Auto-Discovery Installer
Use this link to get the Workspace ONE UEM Windows Auto-Discovery installer for your deployment.