As the administrator of an on-premises environment, you can configure server nodes cache settings for the purpose of reducing the workload on the UEM database.
Configure performance tuning settings by navigating to.
What can you do with the Workspace ONE UEM Installation Cache settings page?
The Cache settings page allows you to:
- Reduce the workload placed on the UEM database by limiting the need to access the database.
- When a request for data is made, Workspace ONE UEM checks for the results stored in memory by Memcache before it checks the database, reducing the database workload.
- If the memcache query returns no results, result data is then retrieved from the database and stored into the memcache for future queries.
- Configure memcache with one or more active server nodes.
Memcache configuration is intended for on-premises environments with more than 5,000 devices.
All key/values in Memcached expire after 24 hours.
Determine your Organizational group hierarchy
Before you review and modify settings, understand the two types of inheritance/override options for the organization group hierarchy available at the top and bottom of the settings page and determine your choices. For more information about these settings, see Override Versus Inherit Setting for Organization Groups.
- Current Setting – Select whether to Inherit or Override the displayed settings. Inherit means use the settings of the current organization group's parent OG, while Override enables the settings for editing so you can modify the current OG's settings directly.
For more information about the implementation for your on-premises deployment, contact VMware support.
- Configure the following settings.
Setting Description Caching Enable this setting to configure server nodes. Add (button) Wich Caching enabled, select this button to add Server Name, Host, and Port number. Flush All (button) Select to clear the caching for all server nodes, following a confirmation prompt. Reconnect (button) Select to reconnect to the server node and host, following a confirmation prompt.
- Select Save to commit the cache settings.