The Maps settings page lets you view and edit the MS Bing Key for communication with their maps API. This is used to display devices on a map within the Workspace ONE UEM console, as well as geofencing policies.
Configure file paths by navigating to.
What can you do with the Workspace ONE UEM Maps settings page?
The Maps settings page allows you to:
- Configure the Max Locations setting, representing the maximum number of device locations displayed on the Device List View and Location tab of the Device Details pages.
- Configure Min Distance Between Locations (in ft) setting, representing the minimum distance in feet between consecutive locations reported by the device. If the distance between two reported locations in a row are less than the entered value, then the value is not captured in the console.
- This setting works together with the Max Device Locations setting above, which controls how many data points are collected, and the Min Distance Between Locations dictates how often they are collected based on the user's movements.
- A value of 0 entered for this setting captures all duplicate locations. So if Max Device Locations is set to 100 and Min Distance Between Locations is set to 0, then all 100 location data points are taken without regard for the user's change in location, including duplicate locations.
Determine your Organizational group hierarchy
Before you review and modify settings, understand the two types of inheritance/override options for the organization group hierarchy available at the top and bottom of the settings page and determine your choices. For more information about these settings, see Override Versus Inherit Setting for Organization Groups.
- Current Setting – Select whether to Inherit or Override the displayed settings. Inherit means use the settings of the current organization group's parent OG, while Override enables the settings for editing so you can modify the current OG's settings directly.
- Child Permission – Select the available behavior of child organization groups that exist below the currently selected organization group. Inherit only means child OGs are only allowed to inherit these settings. Override only means they override the settings, and Inherit or Override means you can choose to inherit or override settings in child OGs that exist below the currently selected OG.