You can enable password complexity for all your Workspace ONE UEM enrollment users including settings for maximum number of allowed attempts and time spent being locked out.
Configure Password settings by navigating to.
What can you do with the Workspace ONE UEM Password settings page?
- Choose how long an enrollment user is locked out of the system when they repeatedly fail to enter the correct password.
- Set the number of password attempts enrollment users can make before they are locked out.
- Choose password complexity settings
- requiring special characters
- minimum password length
- enforced password history, in other words, making sure your users do not use a password they used in the past
Determine your Organizational group hierarchy
Before you review and modify settings, understand the two types of inheritance/override options for the organization group hierarchy available at the top and bottom of the settings page and determine your choices. For more information about these settings, see Override Versus Inherit Setting for Organization Groups.
- Current Setting – Select whether to Inherit or Override the displayed settings. Inherit means use the settings of the current organization group's parent OG, while Override enables the settings for editing so you can modify the current OG's settings directly.
- Child Permission – Select the available behavior of child organization groups that exist below the currently selected organization group. Inherit only means child OGs are only allowed to inherit these settings. Override only means they override the settings, and Inherit or Override means you can choose to inherit or override settings in child OGs that exist below the currently selected OG.
|Lockout Interval||Defines the length of time a device end user is locked out of the system for repeatedly failing to enter the correct passcode during device enrollment.|
|Maximum Invalid Attempts||Defines the number of attempts a device end user is given to correctly enter the password during device enrollment.|
|Enable Enrollment User Password Settings||Enable this setting to apply password complexity for enrollment users.|
|Enforced password history||Select the number of previous passwords that cannot be reused. For example, if you want to restrict users from reusing any of their last four passwords, select "4 Passwords Remembered." To disable this feature, select "0 Passwords Remembered."|
|Minimum Password Length||Minimum Password Length must be between 4 and 8 characters.|
|Password complexity level||Passwords can be a combination of alphabetical, numeric, and special characters or no restrictions may apply. Consider setting complex passwords for maximum security.|