The telecom usage for your deployments can be monitored using the Telecom Dashboard.
The Telecom Dashboard provides a view of all your deployment-related analytics. The Dashboard displays usage and roaming analytics for your deployment that includes devices under the current Organization Group with Telecom plans assigned to them.
The Telecom dashboard is available for both Telecom Foundational and Telecom Advanced users. The functionality of this section varies based on your configuration and the differences are detailed in this section. To access the Telecom Dashboard, navigate tofrom the UEM console. Use the Dashboard to track data usage across different plans.
The Telecom Foundational dashboard displays the following information:
- Monthly usage ranging from low to high can be seen by pointing to the graph with the mouse pointer.
- Roaming Status shows the number of devices that either are roaming or not.
The Telecom Advanced dashboard displays the following information:
- Plan Utilization for individual and pooled plans.
- Usage History for the three highest usage plans.
- Roaming usage for all devices is shown here.
- The three largest plans and device count.
The data that displays on the Telecom Dashboard is subject to the Privacy Settings you configure in the System Settings. For example, if you do not collect or display any call, data or SMS usage statistics for employee-owned devices, then the Telecom Dashboard does not display this information.
The plan filter in the top-right corner of the screen filters all the graphs down to a particular plan.
Viewing the Telecom Foundational Dashboard
The Telecom Foundational dashboard has more simple telecom information. You can view usage and roaming details graphed here.
The Usage section shows the usage for data messages compared to the limits pre-configured by Workspace ONE UEM. The graph displays low to high threshold values. Point to each individual usage section to expand the view.
Devices listed as Not Reported have not reported any usage details to Workspace ONE UEM and might warrant further investigation if this is unexpected.
Workspace ONE UEM sets the following usage limits:
|0 up to 1 GB|
|Low||1 up to 2 GB|
|Medium||2 up to 3 GB|
|High||3 up to 4 GB|
|Very High||4+ GB|
The Roaming section shows history, status, and data usage for all telecom-activated devices.
Devices are grouped according to how much they have roamed. These devices are not roaming presently. For example, 4% of devices have roamed 1–7 days, and 3% have roamed for between 1-4 weeks, in the past 30 days.
Viewing the Telecom Advanced Dashboard
The Telecom Advanced Dashboard displays more detailed information. You can view plan utilization, usage history, roaming, and tops plans for all telecom-activated devices.
The Plan Utilization section shows the usage statistics for data message compared to the plan limits you configure as part of the telecom plan creation. Devices listed as Not Reported have not reported any usage details to Workspace ONE UEM and might warrant further investigation if this is unexpected.
There are two types of graphs shown here, Individual and Pooled. Individual is selected by default.
Not Reported, Not Supported, and Private columns display only if one of the three usages has devices to graph. If there are no devices that match this criteria is enrolled, then the category does not appear.
Configuring Pooled Data Limits
If you select to view Pooled data usage, the charts are updated to show pooled data usage. Pooled plan usage ranges can be configured from the System Settings pages.
Navigate to General page. On the Telecom General page, configure usage limits in the Pooled Plans Usage Ranges section.to view the Telecom
Changing the Pooled Plan Usage ranges in the System Settings menu only configures how the users' plan consumption is displayed on the Telecom Dashboard, and is for reference purposes only. Data presented and configured in the UEM console may not reflect actual carrier billing.
Workspace ONE UEM default values for Usage Ranges are:
|0 to 499 minutes||0 up to 1 GB||0 to 499 messages|
|Low||500 to 999 minutes||1 up to 2 GB||500 to 999 messages|
|Medium||1000 to 1499 minutes||2 up to 3 GB||1000 to 1499 messages|
|High||1500 to 1999 minutes||3 up to 4 GB||1500 to 1999 messages|
|Very High||2000+ minutes||4+ GB||2000+ messages|
- Current Setting – Select whether to Inherit or Override the displayed settings. Inherit means use the settings of the current organization group's parent OG, while Override enables the settings for editing so you can modify the current OG's settings directly.
- Enable Telecom Management - Disabling Telecom Management removes an administrator's ability to configure and monitor telecom usage.
- Pooled Plan Usage Ranges - Customize how your OG's telecom usage appears in the Dashboard.
- Child Permission – Select the available behavior of child organization groups that exist below the currently selected organization group. Inherit only means child OGs are only allowed to inherit these settings. Override only means they override the settings, and Inherit or Override means you can choose to inherit or override settings in child OGs that exist below the currently selected OG.
The Usage History section shows the data statistics for all devices assigned to a telecom plan in the UEM console. Pooled plans for calls, data, and SMS are represented by the red horizontal line, which indicates an overage for the plan. This section displays the past three billing cycles for each plan. Selecting a bar graph section displays the Device List View of each device that falls under the plan.
Point to each individual column to expand the view.
The Top Plan graph shows the number of devices in your various assigned telecom plans. Selecting any one of these sections displays the Device List View of each device assigned to that plan.
The Roaming section shows roaming statistics of telecom-activated devices.
- History – If any devices roam during the billing cycle, Workspace ONE UEM adds the duration, and this graph represents the total sum of all roaming time during the current billing cycle. For example, a device might show five days of roaming, but it might not be roaming currently. This means that the device roamed for one day two weeks ago, and four days last week. Devices listed as Not Reported have not reported any usage details to Workspace ONE UEM and may warrant further investigation if this is unexpected.
- Status – This graph shows the current roaming status across all devices during the billing cycle. The different statuses are:
- Approved – Devices listed as Approved are those devices which Workspace ONE UEM flags as roaming and are allowed to roam. The devices are allowed to roam because the assigned telecom plan allows it to roam.
Not Approved – Devices listed as Not Approved are those devices which Workspace ONE UEM flags as roaming and are not allowed to roam. The devices are not allowed to roam because the assigned telecom plan does not allow it to roam.
For more information about allowing (for Approved) or preventing (for Not Approved) devices from roaming, see Cellular Settings Configuration, Configure Default Roaming Settings Override for iOS, and Prevent Roaming for Android. You can also approve roaming when creating a telecom plan. For more information about approving roaming during telecom plan creation, see Create a Telecom Plan.
- Not Roaming – Devices listed as Not Roaming are not in roaming presently.
- Not Reported – Devices listed as Not Reported have not reported any usage details to Workspace ONE UEM and may warrant further investigation if this is unexpected.
- Data Usage – The data usage of the devices that was flagged as roaming during the billing cycle. Devices listed as Not Reported have not reported any usage details to Workspace ONE UEM and may warrant further investigation if this is unexpected.
Plan Usage Details for Telecom Assets
From the List View page, you can view the detailed information on voice, messaging, data, and roaming of devices. Usage for voice, messages, and data that are registered into a pooled plan is indicated with a Pooled tag next to the data.
To view the voice, message, data, and roaming details, navigate to Device Details page and List View discussed in this section. The available information between the two may differ.. Telecom Foundational and Telecom Advanced users can view the
The Exports button allows exporting the Usage and the Roaming details from the List View page in the CSV or XLSX format. The exported files are available for download on the Exports page.
|Last Seen||Displays the most recent date and the time during which the Workspace ONE UEM queried the device.|
|General Info||Displays the Name of the device and ownership type.|
|User||Displays user information including user name and email address.|
|Data (MB)||Displays the data usage of the device against the actual set data usage limit.|
Displays the telecom plan assigned to the device.
|*Telecom Advanced only|
|Roaming Data Usage (MB)||Displays the data usage|
|Roaming Status|| The status of the device while in roaming:
For more information about allowing (for Approved) or preventing (for Not Approved) devices from roaming, see Cellular Settings Configuration.
|Current Country/Home Country||
Displays the country where the device is connected.
|Current Carrier/Home Carrier||Displays the name of the service provider to which the device is connected.|
Shows which plan the listed device is assigned to.
|*Telecom Advanced only|
From the Device Details tab, you can view the telecom related data for that specific device, including data and roaming statistics. Select a device from the Telecom List View page to open the Device Details Telecom Tab for the particular device.
Android devices display data, and App usage details whereas iOS devices display only data. This feature is available only if there is Telecom Advanced settings.
Show Latest Usage - Advanced
UEM console Server stores the telecom usage statistics and these statistics are updated on a scheduled basis. Because of this, there may be a discrepancy between a device's usage statistics that have been stored in the Console Server and those that appear on the UEM console. By default, you see the data as it was reported at the time of the last scheduled update.
If you want to see the absolute latest updates, which may not yet have been processed, then you can select the Show Latest Usage option on each Device Details page. A message displays indicating that the data you now see may not be included in the calculations used for data usage limits or compliance policies.
From the Data page you can view the data history of the last three billing cycles, in addition to the individual data transfers made and the amount of data sent and received.
From the Roaming page you can view the roaming history of a particular device. If there is roaming activity for the device, the activity displays under Roaming History. This section also displays the total number of days it was roaming, the roaming carrier, and the roaming country.
From the App page you can view the App usage history of a particular device. Details about different apps being downloaded and used can also be viewed.