You can use the proxy tool if VMware Tunnel routes its outbound requests through an outbound proxy that has rules set in a PAC file that also requires authentication.
- To use the PAC file, edit the proxy.properties file and change the PROXY_SEARCH_STRATEGY to 2.
- Uncomment the PAC_URL and enter the PAC file URL or the absolute path of the PAC file on the VMware Tunnel server.
- Within Linux CLI mode, navigate to /opt/vmware/tunnel/proxy/tools.
- Convert the proxy tool to an executable file by using the following command:
chmod a+x proxytool.sh
- Run proxy-tools by using the following command:
sudo sh Proxytools.sh
- Select your authentication method, which can be None, Basic, or NTLM for a single service account. Also enter your credentials, if applicable, and the URI of the proxy for testing.
- Select Save.
- To restart the Proxy service, run the following command :
sudo systemctl restart proxy.service.
What to do next
After saving, run the following command to check if the proxy settings is updated correctly: