Read through the following section to know more about the supported platforms and considerations of each of the platforms.
Supported Console Versions
VMware Workspace ONE Tunnel works with all the supported versions of Workspace ONE UEM .
VMware Workspace ONE Tunnel supports iOS, macOS, Android, and Windows. The following table outlines the requirements for each of the supported platforms.
|Windows||Windows 10 Build 17.04+ and Windows 11|
- After installing VMware Workspace ONE Tunnel for Android, end users must run the application at least once and accept the connection request.
- The key icon in the notification center displays on the device because there is an application installed that uses the per application VPN functionality. This icon does not indicate an active connection or session with the VMware Tunnel server. The key icon displays even if you are not actively browsing.
Certain Android devices allow end users to deactivate the VPN on an OS level. This prevents the VMware Tunnel from working on the device.
Windows 10 Considerations for the UWP application
- After installing VMware Workspace ONE Tunnel for Windows 10, end users must accept an alert the first time they start an application that triggers VMware Tunnel.
- When using Windows 10 devices, ensure that your DNS server does not use 192.168.x.x IP as this address is used by the VMware Tunnel Server to assign the IPs to clients (mobile devices). This setting is a configurable setting in server.conf.
- Configure dns_server_address_1 and/or dns_server_address_2.
- VMware Tunnel shows as configured when the profile or certificates are successfully installed on the desktop of the user profiles. Device profiles for desktop and Windows phones rely on the successful installation of a profile certificate only.
To enable functionality for the Windows devices, make sure that you add
vpn_modesetting in the server.conf and restart services.
Windows 10 Considerations for the Desktop application
- Make sure that the Windows desktop application either uses Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub for enrollment or is pushed down from the UEM console. For more information, see Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub for Windows enrollment documentation.
- Windows 10 desktop application requires device traffic rules for defining managed applications and domain filtering.
- To enable functionality for the Windows 10 desktop devices, make sure that you add
Windows 11 Considerations
- After installing VMware Workspace ONE Tunnel for Windows 11, the end users must accept an alert the first time they start an application that triggers VMware Tunnel.
iOS and macOS Considerations
End users who are using the VMware Workspace ONE Tunnel on iOS and macOS must download and install VMware Workspace ONE Tunnel from the app store. After installing it for the first time, the end user must accept the user permissions.