Configure the Windows VPN profile for use with traffic rules through the VMware Tunnel. Using this functionality requires you to configure and install the Per-App Tunnel component as part of your VMware Tunnel installation.
- Navigate to Windows. Then select Windows Desktop and User. and select
- Configure the profile's General settings.
- Select the VPN payload from the list.
- Enter a Connection Name and select VMware Tunnel as the Connection Type.
The Server text box populates automatically with your VMware Tunnel component server URL. If this component is not configured, you see a message and hyperlink to the system settings page where you can configure it.
- Select Advanced Connections Settings and select Add under the Routing Addresses section.
- Add the IP addresses that correspond to the traffic rules you created.
If you want to filter a range from 10.84.0.0 to 10.84.255.255, enter 10.84.0.0 with a subnet size of 16.
- Select Add New Per-App VPN Rule and configure the rules for the application.
- Change the Routing Policy to Allow Direct Access to External Resources.
- Select VPN Traffic Filters.
- Select Add New Filter.
- Set the Filter Type to IP Addresses and enter the IP Address range to filter through the VMware Tunnel. Add multiple IP addresses separated by commas. You can only have one IP Address filter per app added to the profile.
You must use the same range entered in the Routing Addresses section.If you want to filter a range from 10.84.0.0 to 10.84.255.255, enter 10.84.0.0 with a subnet size of 16.
- Select Add New Domain to add all domains you want resolved through the VMware Tunnel server. You can add multiple domains.
- Select Save & Publish.