After installing the relay server, install the endpoint server. This server typially lies within your internal network.
- If you have not already, install the AirWatch Tunnel Relay Server.
- Download the installer onto the server. The link in the UEM console directs you to AirWatch Resources to download the installer.
- Download the config.xml file from the UEM console onto the server.
- Open the installer executable on the Endpoint VMware Tunnel Proxy server and then select Next.
If a previous version of VMware Tunnel Proxy is installed, the installer auto-detects it and offers the option to upgrade to the latest version.
- Accept the End User License Agreement and then select Next.
- Specify the destination for the downloaded installation files and then select Next.
- Select Browse and select the config.xml file downloaded from the UEM console. Then select Next.
- Select the Endpoint button to install VMware Tunnel Proxy on the Endpoint server.
- Enter the Certificate Password you created in the UEM console and then select Next.
- Select the check box to indicate if VMware Tunnel Proxy uses an outbound proxy.
For more information about using outbound proxies, see Outbound Proxy Overview.0
- If so, enter the address of the Proxy Host and Proxy Port number to be used for communication.
- If the proxy requires authentication, first select the Does the proxy require authentication credentials? checkbox, then select whether it uses Basic or NTLM authentication.
- Specify the Username and Password credentials.
- Specify whether you are using Proxy auto-configuration (PAC) files as part of your installation. When you are finished, select Next.
A PAC file is a set of rules that a browser checks to determine where traffic gets routed. For VMware Tunnel Proxy, traffic is checked against the PAC file to determine if it has to go through an outbound proxy. If you have authentication for PAC files, then the VMware Tunnel Proxy must know the user name and password of the proxy. You can reference a PAC file on a remote server by providing the PAC URL or Upload a PAC file directly.Note: If you are accessing outbound proxies through the VMware Tunnel Proxy that use a PAC file and also require authentication, refer to Outbound Proxies using PAC Files.
- Click Install to begin installation on the server.
- Click Finish to close the installer.