You can check the connectivity between Workspace ONE UEM powered by AirWatch and the Apple HTTP/2 API endpoint. This check allows you to ensure APNs functionality over an HTTP/2 connection after generating a new certificate or following a certificate renewal.
- Navigate to .
- Select the Test Connection button.
The Workspace ONE UEM console conducts an internal test to determine whether connectivity over the new HTTP/2 protocol is functional.
Because this test only centers on the HTTP/2 protocol, test failures here do not affect current APNs communication. If the HTTP/2 connectivity test fails, the steps you take depend upon the cause of the failure.
- Expired Certificate - The certificate you are using for the test has expired. Request a renewal by viewing Renew an APNs Certificate.
- Invalid Certificate - The certificate you are using for the test, while not expired, is invalid for another reason. You can request a certificate renewal or wait a few minutes and test the connection again.
- Unknown Error - Typically occurs during a temporary loss of Internet access. Wait a few minutes and test the connection again.
- APNs Client Deactivated - While rare, this cause means that Apple has returned an internal error or that the APNs service is unavailable. Wait a few minutes and test the connection again.