You can add users to user groups as the need arises. If you do not want to wait for the Active Directory synchronization of user groups, which is a scheduled, automatic occurrence, then you can manually sync user groups.
- Navigate to .
- Select one or more users in the listing by inserting a check mark in the check box to the left.
- Select the More Actions button and then select Add To User Group. The Add Selected Users Into Custom User Group page displays.
- You can add users to an Existing User Group or create a New User Group.
- Select the Group Name.
- Select Save.
- Navigate to
- The Active Directory (AD) synchronization (which is an automated, scheduled process) copies these pending user group users to a temporary table. Then these user group users are reviewed, added, or removed.
- If you do not want to wait for the automated AD sync, you can synchronize manually. Start a manual synchronization by selecting the user group to which you added users, then select the Sync button.
Note: The user attributes synchronization process continues even if a duplicate user is encountered. When such a sync failure occurs, an entry is made to the console event log for troubleshooting purposes, called DuplicateUserSyncFailure. Review this and other console event log entries by navigating to .
- You can optionally select to perform maintenance tasks such as review, add, and remove pending user group users.
- Combine the temporary table of pending user group users with the Active Directory user group users by selecting .