Notifications are a communication tool designed to keep you informed about events that may impact your operation of Workspace ONE UEM. The Notifications button is located next to the Global Search magnifying glass icon.
There are many different kinds of notifications.
- Application APNs Certificate Expiration – You are notified 30 days before APNs for Applications expire, which is a Critical Priority alert. This notification helps you avoid the hassles involved with expired certificates and keeps the apps functional on your devices.
- App Removal Protection – This High Priority alert displays when the Application Removal threshold is crossed. You can act by selecting the Review App Removal link on the Notifications pop-up.
- Device App Log Storage Alert – This notification is a High Priority alert which displays when your storage log exceeds 75% of its capacity. Purge your logs or increase the limit by contacting your support representative. This alert can be dismissed.
- Enterprise App Repository Updates – This notification is an informational alert which displays when there is an App Update Available from the curated catalog of enterprise apps that you can apply to devices in your fleet.
- List View Export – This notification appears when the Device or User list view export you requested has been completed and is ready for examination. This notification is an Info Priority level and can be dismissed.
- MDM APNs Expiring – You are notified 30 days before APNs for MDM certificates expire, which is a Critical Priority alert. After the APNs certificate expires, the Critical Priority alert is reduced to a High Priority alert. This notification helps you avoid the hassles involved with expired certificates and keeps your devices in contact with Workspace ONE UEM.
- Peer-to-Peer Server Update Required – You are notified when a new version of the peer-to-peer server becomes available and that you can upgrade your server to avoid service disruptions.
- Provisioning Profile Expiration – You are notified when a provisioning profile containing applications expires, requiring you to regenerate the provisioning profile and update it. This notification is a Critical priority level and cannot be dismissed.
- User Group Merge Pending – This notification lets you know that the user group merge process is pending and in need of admin approval. Such notification happens in two scenarios:
- You have the Auto Merge Changes setting disabled on your Directory-based User Group, which means all changes need approval.
- You have the Auto Merge Changes enabled and the number of changes exceed the Maximum Allowable Changes threshold. The portion of changes above the threshold need admin approval.
- VPP App Auto Update – High priority alerts that notify you when an app installed with Apple Volume Purchase Program has an updated version you can install.
Manage Console Notifications
When there are active notifications that require your attention, a numeral badge appears on the Notifications icon indicating the number of active alerts. Display the Notifications pop-up by selecting this bell-shaped icon.
You can manage the notifications you receive. This management includes viewing the list of active alerts, Renewing your APNs, Dismissing expired alerts, viewing the list of dismissed alerts, and Configuring Notification Settings.
Each alert displays the organization group under which the APNs for an MDM certificate is located. The alert also shows the expiration date of the certificate and a link to Renew your APNs.
- View Active Alerts – The default view displays the list of active alerts.
- Renew your APNs – Displays the Change Organization Group (OG) screen. This screen appears when the OG that manages the device with the impending license expiration is different than the OG you are currently in. Renew this APNs license by selecting Yes to change your OG automatically.
Renew the license and keep the device in contact with Workspace ONE UEM by following the instructions on the APNs For MDM settings page.
- Dismiss Alert – Close the expired alert and send it to the Dismissed alert listing by selecting the X button. You cannot close critical priority notifications.
- Dismiss All – Close all active alerts and send them to the Dismissed alert listing.
- View Dismissed Alerts – View the listing of dismissed alerts by selecting the Dismissed tab at the top of the Notifications pop-up.
Configure Notifications Settings
Use the Notifications settings on the Account Settings page to enable or disable APNs Expiration alerts, choose how to receive alerts, and change the email to which it sends alerts.
- Select the Account drop-down, which is accessible from almost every page on the Workspace ONE UEM console, then select Manage Account Settings and select the Notifications tab.
You can also access the notification settings page by selecting the gear icon located in the lower-right corner of the Notifications pop up screen.
- Select how you want to be notified when each of the following events occurs.
Setting Description MDM APNs Expiring This notification helps you avoid the hassles involved with expired certificates and keeps your devices in contact with Workspace ONE UEM. List View Export You can trigger an alert when the exportation of a User List View or Device List View is complete. User Group Merge You can trigger an alert when the Active Directory database changes sync with Workspace ONE UEM and you have Auto Merge Changes disabled. VPP App Auto Update You can trigger an alert when an app installed with Apple Volume Purchase Program has an updated version you can install. Application APNs Certificate Expiration This notification helps you avoid the hassles involved with expired certificates and keeps the apps functional on your devices. Provisioning Profile Expiration You are notified when a provisioning profile containing applications expires, requiring you to regenerate the provisioning profile and update it. API Utilization You are notified when the number of API (Application Programming Interface) calls reaches 50%, 75%, 90%, and 100% of the daily API limit. Enterprise App Repository Updates You are notified when an app in your catalog of curated enterprise apps has an update that can be applied to devices. Environment Upgrade Notification You are notified when your Workspace ONE UEM environment is upgraded Environment Maintenance Notification You are notified when your Workspace ONE UEM environment undergoes a maintenance event.
- For each event, select between None, Console, Email, and Console and Email.
Selections of Email and Console and Email require you entering at least one email address in the Send email(s) to: field. You can enter multiple email addresses separated by commas.
- Save or Cancel your changes.