If you have several dozen or more users to add to Workspace ONE UEM, you can batch-create users and user groups or batch-import them from your directory service.
Changes in External LDAP and AD User Directories
Once your user and user group batch list are uploaded, changes to your external LDAP/AD user directories are not updated in Workspace ONE UEM. These user and user group changes must be updated manually or uploaded as a new batch.
Batch Import Users and Devices
You can batch import multiple users and devices into the console. You can also visit the Batch Status page to check on the status of a batch job. Navigate to.
The Batch Status screen displays a list of all batch import jobs you have requested, including the job's status.
To begin the process of batch importing users or devices, take the following steps.
- Navigate to Batch Import. or and select
- Enter the basic information including a Batch Name and Batch Description.
- Select the applicable batch type from the Batch Type drop-down menu.
- Select and download the template that best matches the kind of batch import you are making. Choose from among the following.
- Denylisted Devices – Import a list of known, non-compliant devices by IMEI, Serial Number, or UDID. Denylisted devices are not allowed to enroll. If a denylisted device attempts to enroll, it is automatically blocked.
- Allowlisted Devices – Import pre-approved devices by IMEI, Serial Number, or UDID. Use this template to import a list of known, trusted devices. The ownership and group ID associated to this device is automatically applied during enrollment.
- User and/or Device – Select between a Simple and an Advanced CSV template. The simple template features only the most often-used options while the advanced template features the full, unabridged compliment of import options.
- Change Organization Group – Move users to a different organization group.
- Open the CSV file. Confirm whether or not users are part of the enrollment organization group (OG).
The CSV file features several columns corresponding to the options on the Add / Edit User page. When you open the CSV template, notice that sample data has been added to each column in the template. The sample data is presented to inform you what kind of data is required and what format it must be in. Do not stray from the format presented by the sample data.Note: A CSV file (comma-separated values) is simply a text file whose extension has been changed from "TXT" to "CSV". It stores tabular data (text and numbers) in plain text. Each line of the file is a data record. Each record consists of one or more fields, separated by commas. It can be opened and edited with any text editor. It can also be opened and edited with Microsoft Excel.
- Navigate to Grouping tab.
For a directory-based enrollment, the Security Type for each user must be Directory.
Result: If the Group ID Assignment Mode is set to Default, your users are part of the enrollment OG.
and select the
- Enter data for your organization's users, including device information (if applicable) and save the file.
- Return to the Batch Import page and select Choose File to locate and upload the CSV file that you had previously downloaded and filled out.
- Select Save.
Batch Import User Groups
To save time, you can import multiple Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP)/Active Directory (AD) user groups into the Workspace ONE UEM console. You can batch import user groups in much the same way as individual users, by completing a supplied template and uploading it.
- Navigate to Add. and select
- Select Batch Import.
- Enter the basic information including Batch Name and Batch Description in the Workspace ONE UEM console.
- Under Batch File (.csv), select the Choose File button to locate and upload the completed CSV file.
- Alternately, select the link Download template for this batch type and save the comma-separated values (CSV) file and use it to prepare a new importation file.
- Open the CSV file, which has several columns corresponding to the settings that display on the Add User Group page. Columns with an asterisk are required and must be entered with data. Save the file.
- The last column heading in the CSV file template is labeled "GroupID/Manage (Edit and Delete)/Manage(Users and Enrollment)/UG assignment/Admin Inheritance." This column heading corresponds to the settings and abides by the logic of the Permissions tab of the Edit User Group page. For details, see Edit Your User Group Permissions.
- Select Import.
- If the Batch Import does not complete successfully, view and troubleshoot errors by selecting Errors hyperlink. . You can view specific batch import errors by clicking the
Editing Basic Users with Batch Import
The Batch Import feature lets you edit and move users in groups rather than one at a time. The users must exist in Workspace ONE UEM for such a procedure to work. Edit the following settings in the CSV file and use Batch Import to upload this file.
You can edit and move users in groups rather than one at a time by changing certain columns in the CSV file you upload as part of a batch import procedure. Such column manipulation is only applicable to two kinds of user authentication: basic user authentication and authentication proxy.
Move Users Between Organization Groups with Batch Import
Batch import can be used to move multiple users to a different organization group.
- From the Batch Import screen, enter the basic information including a Batch Name and a Batch Description in the Workspace ONE UEM console.
- Choose Change Organization Group from the list of templates and save the CSV file somewhere accessible.
- Enter the applicable Group ID of the user's existing organization group, user name to be moved, and Target Group ID of the user's new organization group.
- Return to the Batch Import screen, select Choose File to locate and upload the saved CSV file and select Open.
- Select Save.