You can create administrator roles which define specific tasks that can be performed in Workspace ONE UEM. You then assign these roles to individual admins.
- Navigate to Add Role in the UEM console.
- In the Create Role, enter the Name and Description of the role.
- Select from the list of Categories.
The Categories section organizes top-level categories such as Device Management under which are located subcategories including Applications, Browser, and Bulk Management among others. This category subdivision enables an easy and quick role creation process. Each subcategory setting in the right panel has a Read and Edit check box.When you select from the Categories section, its subcategorized contents (individual settings) populate in the right panel. Each individual setting features its own Read and Edit check box and a "select all" style Read and Edit check box in the column heading. This arrangement allows for a flexible level of control and customization while creating roles.Use the Search Resources text box to narrow down the number of resources from which you can select. Resources are generally labeled the same way as they are referred to in the UEM console itself. For example, if you want to limit an admin role to editing App Logs, then enter "App Logs" in the Search Resources box and a listing of all resources that contain the string "App Logs" displays.
- Select the appropriate Read and Edit check box in the corresponding resource options. You can also choose to clear any of the selected resources.
- To make blanket category selections, select None, Read, or Edit directly from the Categories section without ever populating the right panel. Select the circular icon to the right of the Category label, which is a drop-down menu. Use this selection method when you are certain you want to select none, read-only, or edit capabilities for the entire category setting.
- Select Save to finish creating the Custom Role. You can now view the added role in the list on the Roles page. From here, you can also edit the role details or delete the role.