Integrating with an existing directory service enables you to pull in users automatically. It eliminates the need of having to add users manually to the Workspace ONE UEM powered by AirWatch.
Every directory user you want to manage through Workspace ONE UEM must have a corresponding user account in the UEM console.
You can directly add your existing directory services users to Workspace ONE UEM using one of the following methods.
- Batch upload a file containing all your directory services users. The act of batch importing automatically creates a user account.
- Create user accounts one at a time by entering the directory user name and selecting Check User to auto-populate remaining details.
- Do not import in bulk nor manually create user accounts and instead allow all directory users to self-enroll at enrollment time.
- End users authenticate with existing corporate credentials.
- Detects and syncs changes from the directory system into Workspace ONE UEM automatically. For instance, when you disable users in AD, the corresponding user account in Workspace ONE UEM console is marked inactive.
- Secure method of integrating with your existing directory service.
- Standard integration practice.
- Can be used for Workspace ONE Direct Enrollment.
- SaaS deployments using the AirWatch Cloud Connector require no firewall changes and offers a secure configuration to other infrastructures, such as Microsoft ADCS, SCEP, and SMTP servers.
For more information regarding syncing of account statuses, see Directory User Status Syncing.
- Requires an existing directory service infrastructure.
- SaaS deployments require additional configuration due to the AirWatch Cloud Connector being installed behind the firewall or in a DMZ.