Viewing the list of resources (or permissions) can help you make admin roles, which determine what an admin can and cannot do in the UEM console. You can use the Administrator Roles List View to review all the resources of any administrator role, including custom and default roles.
- Navigate to .
- Locate the admin role you want to see the permissions for. If you have a large library of admin roles, use the Search List bar in the upper-right corner to narrow the listing.
- Select the name of the role, which is a link, and the View Role screen displays containing all the permissions associated with the role.
- Role Categories are listed in the left panel. There might be role subcategories which you can expand to view.
- For more information about the orange-colored read/edit visual indicators seen on this screen, see Read/Edit Indicator in Categories for Admin Roles.
- Select a specific category in the left panel and the category, name, and description of each resource displays on the right panel. The Details link to the far right reveals each specific read-only and edit function within the UEM console.
- You can use the Search Resources text box to locate a specific function by name. For example, if you want to make an admin role that can only add a tag to a device, enter the word "tag" in the Search Resources text box and press the enter key. Every resource that contains the string "tag" in the Category or Name or Description or Description Details, appears in the right panel. This search feature makes it easy to locate the specific tag-related function and assign it to a role.
Note: Keep in mind, "Staging" as in Staging Devices, also includes the "tag" string.
- When finished auditing administrator roles, select Close.