Capturing accurate verbose logs helps diagnose errors and disconnections in your deployment.
- Ensure that the logging is currently producing verbose entries after a logging level change. Verify that debug entries are logged to ensure that the correct logging levels have applied.
- Rename the current log file to include the date and time the log was captured.
Changing the filename ensures that the log is not overwritten.
For Java based services, you must stop the service before renaming any files.
- Reproduce the event that cause the error, for example, an authentication failure.
- Rename the new log file with a description of the observed error.
Add a –Description or –DateTime to help identify the contents of the log file.
- Export the log file to a sharable location. If applicable, attach the log file to a support ticket.