You can add a compliance profile, which is a hybrid of a compliance policy and a device profile, joining the best of these two features together. Adding a compliance profile is a two part process: 1) make a device profile and 2) assign it as an 'action' in a compliance policy.
- Navigate to Add, then Add Profile, then select a platform. , then select
- Select a Name for your compliance profile that you can recognize later.
- In the General profile tab, select 'Compliance' in the Assignment Type drop-down setting.
- Complete the remaining General and Payload settings.
- When finished, select Save & Publish.
- Select this profile in your compliance policy.
- Navigate to Add, then select a platform. and select
- Define the Rules and select Next.
- In the Actions tab, make the following selections.
- Set the first drop-down menu to 'Profile'.
- Set the second drop-down menu to 'Install Compliance Profile'.
- Set the third drop-down menu to the device profile you named.
- Select Next and proceed configuring the remaining settings including Assignment and Summary tabs.
- Save the compliance policy by selecting Finish or Finish and Activate.
What to do next
For step-by-step instructions on completing a device profile, see Add General Profile Settings.
For step-by-step instructions on completing a compliance policy, see Add a Compliance Policy.