You can add a resource dedicated to providing devices with the means to send and receive secure email communications while managed under Workspace ONE UEM powered by AirWatch.
- Navigate to Add Resource followed by Exchange and complete the following settings.
Setting Description Resource Details Resource Name Name of the profile to be displayed in the Workspace ONE UEM console. Description A brief description of the profile that indicates its purpose. Connection Info Mail Client
Select the email client you want to use with the resource.
Name the specific mail account that you want to include in the resource.
Enter the Exchange Host for the email account to be included in the resource.
Enable a secure socket layer for this mail client.
Enter a lookup value for the email domain.
User name* Enter a lookup value for the email user name. Email Address* Enter a lookup value for the email address. Password
Enter the password for the email account. Enable the Show Characters check box to display the unredacted password.
Identity Certificate Upload and attach a certificate authority to the email account by selecting the Add A Certificate button. Past Days of Mail to Sync Select the length of email history you want to synchronize. Choose from 3 Days, 1 Week, 2 Weeks, 1 Month, and Unlimited. Sync Calendar Choose to synchronize your device calendar with the exchange calendar. This setting is enabled by default on iOS and macOS devices. Sync Contacts Choose to synchronize your device contacts with the exchange contacts. This setting is enabled by default on iOS and macOS devices.* For details, see Lookup Values.
- Click Next to proceed to the Platforms selection. Choose among the following supported platforms, opting for either the default settings or Advanced Settings.
- Click Next to proceed to the Assignment section.
- Assign the resource to devices by completing the following settings.
Setting Description Assignment Type
Determines how the resource is deployed to devices.
- Auto – The resource is deployed to all devices automatically.
- Optional – An end user can optionally install the resource from the Self-Service Portal (SSP), or it can be deployed to individual devices at the discretion of the administrator.
Managed By The organization group with administrative access to the resource. Assigned Groups
Refers to the group to which you want the device resource added. Includes an option to create a new smart group which can be configured with specs for minimum OS, device models, ownership categories, organization groups and more.
Exclusions If Yes is selected, a new text box Excluded Groups displays which enables you to select those groups you want to exclude from the assignment of this resource. View Device Assignment After you have made a selection in the Assigned Group text box, you may select this button to preview a list of all devices to which this resource is assigned, taking the smart group assignments and exclusions into account.