Create a custom attribute and values to push to devices in Workspace ONE UEM powered by AirWatch. You can create assignment rules for products to provision based on these attributes and their values.
- Navigate to .
- Select Add and then select Add Attribute.
- Under the Settings tab, enter an Attribute Name.
- Enter the optional Description of what the attribute identifies.
- Enter the name of the Application that gathers the attribute. The application can be a third-party app or Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub.
- Select Collect Value for Rule Generator to make the values of the attribute available in the drop-down menu of the rule generator.
- Select Use in Rule Generator if you want to use the attribute in the rule generator.
- Select Persist to prevent the removal of the custom attribute from the Workspace ONE UEM console unless an Admin or an API call explicitly removes it.
Otherwise, the attribute is removed as normal. If you delete a custom attribute reported from a device to the UEM console, a persisted custom attribute remains in the UEM console. Custom attribute persistence is only available to Android and Windows Rugged devices.
- Select Use as Lookup Value to use the custom attribute as a lookup value anywhere in the UEM console.
You can use custom attributes as part of a device friendly name to simplify device naming.
- Select the Values tab.
- Select Add Value to add values to the custom attribute.
You do not need to enter all possible values of the attribute. The list of attributes entered here is not a requirement or constraint on what values the device can report. Instead, enter only expected values used to pre-define organization group assignment rules.
- Select Save.