Preparing a list of devices can be useful if you have a mix of corporate-owned devices and employee-owned devices which employees enroll themselves. As enrollment commences, devices you identified as Corporate-Owned have their ownership type configured automatically based on what you selected. Then you can configure all employee-owned devices – which are not in the list – to enroll with an ownership type as Employee-Owned.
The following procedure explains how to import a list of pre-approved corporate devices. You can apply the Corporate-Owned ownership type after enrollment automatically, even if you have a restriction that automatically applies the Employee-Owned ownership type.
Restrictions for an open enrollment, by contrast, explicitly allow or block the enrollment for devices matching parameters you identify including platform, model, and operating system.
- Navigate to Add, then Batch Import which displays the Batch Import screen.
and select Alternatively, you can select Add then Allowlisted Devices to enter up to 30 allowlisted devices at a time by IMEI, UDID, or Serial Number. You can also select either Corporate Owned or Corporate Shared as the Ownership Type.
- Enter a Batch Name and Batch Description, then select Add Allowlisted Device as the Batch Type.
- Select the link entitled, "Download template with an example for allowlisted devices" and save this comma-separated values (CSV) template to a location you have access to. Edit this CSV file with Excel to add all the devices you want to allowlist, then save the file.
- Select Choose File and select your saved CSV file.
- Select Import to import this device information to your allowlist.
- Set the Default Device Ownership type to Employee Owned for all open enrollment.
- Navigate to Grouping tab. and select the
- Select Employee Owned as the Default Device Ownership.
- Select the Default Role assigned to the user, which determines the level of access the user has to the Self-Service Portal (SSP).
- Select the Default Action for Inactive Users, which determines what to do if the user is marked as inactive.
- Select Save.