Device profiles provide a standardized foundation for device management under Workspace ONE UEM powered by AirWatch. The method used to process device profiles, including the retry logic when profile installations fail, is important to understand.
- The profile is queued for installation.
- The device connects with Device Services in order to receive the profile for installation.
- If the connection succeeds, the profile installation status becomes 'Pending'.
- If the connection fails, the profile is again queued for installation (step 1) at the next device check-in.
- The device installs the profile.
- If the installation succeeds, the profile installation status becomes 'Processed'.
- If the installation fails, the profile is again queued for installation (step 1) at the next device check in.
The processing and publishing of device profiles, such as certificate-related profiles, represents a significant server strain and must be governed to relieve this strain. The Workspace ONE UEM console uses a batching logic for the most processor-intensive types of device profiles.
This batching logic can be adjusted by navigating to.