While Individual Device Registration works best when you have just a few devices you want to add, if you have hundreds or even dozens of devices to register, the Batch Import process is the way to go.
- Navigate to
- Select Add and then Batch Import to display the Batch Import screen.
- Complete each of the required options: Batch Name, Batch Description, and Batch Type.
Within the Batch File (.csv) option is a list of task-based templates you can use to load users and their devices in bulk.
- Select the appropriate download template and save the comma-separated values (CSV) file to somewhere accessible.
- Locate the saved CSV file, open it with Excel, and enter all the relevant information for each of the devices that you want to import.
Each template is pre-populated with sample entries demonstrating the type of information (and its format) intended to be placed in each column. Fields in the CSV file denoted with an asterisk (*) are required.
- Save the completed template as a CSV file. In the UEM console, select the Choose File button from the Batch Import screen, navigate to the path where you saved the completed CSV file and select it.
- Select Save to complete registration for all listed users and corresponding devices.