Bookmarks provide users a simple way to access a URL directly from the Workspace ONE Launcher home screen. The end-user sees the bookmark icon and title similar to any other app on the Launcher home screen. When a user taps on a bookmark icon, Launcher navigates to the specified URL.
In addition to navigating to any webpage, you can use these icons to connect to internal content repositories or login screens without having to open a browser and type out a long URL.
Adding bookmarks differ based on the enrollment method of your device fleet.
How to Add Bookmarks for Android
You can add bookmarks for through Web Links in the UEM console. To add bookmarks:
- Navigate to Resources > Apps > Native > Public > Add Application and select Android from the Platform field.
- Select Next. The Google Play store appears.
- Once the Google Play store opens, add a web app by using the plus sign in the bottom right.
- Complete the app details, select Next, then click on the icon for the web app you just created.
- Assign the web app as you would any other native application.
- To add it to the Launcher screen, navigate to the Native tab in the Launcher configuration screen and drag this icon to the home screen.