You can upgrade from SEG Classic to SEG V2.
- You must have an older version of SEG already installed on the host machine.
- Ensure that the installer for latest version of SEG V2 is available on the host machine.
- MEM configuration for SEG V2 is available
- Run the VMware AirWatch Secure Email Gateway installer as an administrator.
The install wizard verifies the existing installation and displays a popup notifying the user about the upgrade.
- Follow the instructions on the install wizard and accept the End User Licence Agreement and click Next.
- You may be prompted to upgrade to a new version of JRE. Follow instructions to reboot immediately or to reboot manually later.
- Verify the Workspace ONE UEM API information.
Settings Description HTTPS Select the check box if the protocol Workspace ONE UEMAPI server is https. API Server Hostname The URL of your Workspace ONE UEM API server. This is required to fetch the SEG configuration from the Workspace ONE UEM console. Admin Username The user name of a Workspace ONE UEM Admin user account, that was used during earlier installation. Admin Password Masked entry for password of Workspace ONE UEM Admin user account. MEM Config GUID The unique ID of your Mobile Email Management configuration. This is shown on the MEM configuration page on the Workspace ONE UEM console.
- (Optional) If Outbound Proxy was selected, verify the related information.
Settings Description HTTPS Check if the protocol proxy is HTTPS. Proxy Host Address of the proxy host. Proxy Port Proxy port number. Username Password User name and password for proxy authentication.Note: This option is displayed only if you had checked Does the proxy require authentication credentials? option
- (Optional) If you had chosen to upload the SSL certificate locally when configuring the console MEM settings, upload the certificate and enter the certificate password.
- Click Install to begin the installation.