You can get additional help during advanced troubleshooting sessions in Workspace ONE Assist by starting a Session Collaboration. Share your active session with 'Tier 2' technical support and allow them to remotely view and control the same end user device.
Session Collaboration is available during Screen Share and Remote View Assist sessions on Android, macOS, and Windows 10 devices.
As the initiator of the Assist session with the end user, you are the Host during session collaborations. The Host invites other participants, called Guests, to join the active Assist session by chat or email. If you grant your Guest control of the active Assist session, then they become a Privileged Guest.
- Bandwidth Limitations – In order to ensure a smooth session collaboration, you are limited to a grand total of six (6) participants in any given session. This includes the Host, the device End User, and four (4) Guests, only one of which can be the Privileged Guest at any given time.
The only active sessions Guests and Privileged Guests are able to see is Screen Share and Remote View sessions. During a Session Collaboration, if the Host invokes other client tools such as Manage Files or Registry Editor, Guests and Privileged Guests see the Screen Share or Remote View screen while the Host uses the other client tool. The session becomes visible again to Guests and Privileged Guests only when the Host returns to the Remote View or Screen Share session.
For more information about what the end user experiences during a session collaboration, see Session Collaboration Notifications and Prompts.
Session Collaboration Features by Participant Type
|AppList / Device Info / Process List||YES||NO||NO|
Connect to a new Tool (File Manager / Remote Shell / Command Line / Registry Editor)
|Invite a Guest||YES||NO||NO|
|Key / Touch / Mouse Events||YES||YES||NO|
|Remove a Guest from the session||YES||NO||NO|
|Revoke Session Control||YES||NO||NO|
|Screen Recording / Capture||YES||NO||NO|
|Session Elevation from remote view to Share Screen||YES||YES||NO|
|Transfer Session Control||YES (to Guest)||YES (to Host Only)||NO|
Invite Guests to a Session
Only you, the Host, can invite guests to a session.
- Initate an invitation by selecting the Session Collaboration icon on the main menu toolbar.
- If you have hosted a session collaboration before, a list of past guests displays, allowing you to select from this list.
- Select the +Invite Guest link. The Invite Guest screen displays.
- Select the Copy invitation button.
- Open a separate email app or chat app. Paste the copied invitation into a new email or chat and send to the contact of your choice.
- The link included is a one-time use link and valid only while the Assist session remains active.
Once the invitation is sent, you can cancel the invitation by selecting the Session Collaboration icon and clicking the cancel button next to the invitation.
Joining a Session as a Guest
- Select the link provided in the invitation. You are redirected to a Guest Login Page.
- Enter your Name and the password provided in the invite.
- Once connected, the Host and device End User are notified of your arrival to the session.
- You can view the list of participants by selecting the Session Collaboration icon .
Request to be Elevated to a Privileged Guest
Guests can request to become a Privileged Guest and take control of the session.
- The Guest must select the Session Collaboration icon and click the Request Session link. You receive a notification that a Guest has requested elevation.
- If you grant access, the Guest becomes a Privileged Guest and takes control of the session.
Elevate One of Your Guests to a Privileged Guest
As the Host, you can hand off control to one of the Guests of a session, elevating them to a Privileged Guest.
- Select the Session Collaboration icon and click the mouse icon next to the guest you want to elevate to Privileged Guest.
- Your new Privileged Guest now has control over the session.
- Despite the temporary loss of control over the session, you are still the Host.
Revoke Controls from a Privileged Guest
As the Host, you can Revoke control from the Privileged Guest of a session.
- Select the Session Collaboration icon and click the solid mouse icon next to the Privileged Guest you want to demote to Guest.
- You now have control over the session once again.
Remove a Participant from a Session Collaboration
As the Host, you can remove or excuse a Guest or Privileged Guest from a session.
- Select the Session Collaboration icon and click the cancel icon next to the participant you want to excuse from the session.
- The participant is excused from the session and disappears from the participant listing.
Leaving a Session Collaboration as a Guest
Guests can select the Disconnect icon in the main menu toolbar at any time to leave the active session.
Ending a Session Collaboration as Host
To end a session as the Host, select the Disconnect icon in the main menu toolbar at any time to leave the active session.