You can add resources, or permissions, to the roles you assign to admins with the Workspace ONE UEM console so they can use Workspace ONE Assist to help users of supported devices.
- In the Workspace ONE UEM console, navigate to and select the Add Role button.
The Create Role screen displays.
- Select the Assist category, located in the left pane labeled Categories.
All five Assist-related resources, or permissions, display in the right pane.
- Enable the Allow check box for the specific permission you want to apply to the role.
There are five Assist-related permissions.
- Remote View - "read only" view of the host device with the Remote View client tool.
- Remote Control - "edit" view or full access to the Share Screen client tool.
- File Manager - full access to the Manage Files client tool.
- Registry Editor - full access to the Registry Editor client tool.
- Remote Shell - functionality includes both the Remote Shell client tool and the Command Line client tool.
- Enter the Name and Description of your Assist-related role.
- Save the role.
- Next, you must assign the role to your administrator. Navigate to and locate the Administrator you want to assign the role to.
- Select the Edit icon () to the left of the administrator user name.
The Add/Edit Admin screen displays.
- Select the Roles tab.
- Select the Add Role button.
Two empty text boxes display, labeled Select Organization Group and Select Role.
- Fill the Select Organization Group text box with the organization group (OG) in your org structure you want this role assignment to apply.
If your admin is in this OG or downline of this OG, then they gain the abilities of this role. If your admin moves above this OG, or upline of this OG, then they lose the abilities of this role. The higher the OG you select here, the more OGs your admin can apply the abilities of this role.
- Fill the Select Role text box with the name of the role from step 4.
You can repeat Steps 9 through 11 to assign as many roles to an admin as you want.
- Save the role assignment.