If you want to operate the Workspace ONE Assist server across multiple Workspace ONE UEM environments (not multiple organization groups), then take the following steps.
- Log in to the secondary or other Workspace ONE UEM environment.
Do not log into the same environment you selected in Step 4 of the topic Generate the Workspace ONE Assist Certificates.
- In the UEM console of this secondary environment, switch to your primary OG.
The OG you select must be of a 'customer' type. For more information about organization groups, see the topic Organization Group Type Functions from the VMware Workspace ONE UEM Console Basics Documentation.
- Navigate to External Remote Management section, and copy the string in the Remote Management CN text box.
, scroll down to the Note: If this text box is blank, then you must manually Create the Common Name from the Workspace ONE UEM Database.
- Switch back to the Workspace ONE Assist server. Run the Remote Management Certificate Generator, which includes the Remote Management Installer, using the following values.
Setting Value Certificate Type Remote Management Deployment Upload Intermediate Certificate Common Name Paste the Remote Management CN from Step 3 preceding
- Select the Generate Certificates button.
- When prompted, you must select the intermediate private cert.
This certificate and password is the same one you originally generated in Step 8 of Generate the Workspace ONE Assist Certificates. This certificate is located in c:\temp\certs of the Workspace ONE Assist server.
- On the Workspace ONE Assist server, locate the 'artifacts' folder, and run the SQL script file "Certificate Seed Script.sql" against the Workspace ONE UEM Database to seed the generated certificates into the Workspace ONE UEM database.
- Repeat this entire task for each additional Workspace ONE UEM environment you want Workspace ONE Assist to work with.
If you want to add two additional environments to the environment you configured originally, then you must follow the steps of this task twice.