To use the Email Notification Service 2 (ENS2), you must install the ENS on an IIS server.
Complete the following tasks before you install ENS2:
- Install IIS 7 or later on the Web Server
- Update ASP.Net to v 4.6.2
- Download the config.xml file from the Workspace ONE UEM console. See Configure CNS and Download Email Notification Service Configuration Files.
- Ensure that an SSL certificate with a valid hostname is set up on the IIS server. This server should be externally accessible via https (SSL cert) and with a Fully Qualified Domain Name (FQDN).
- Create a new database and name it appropriately. If you are using SQL Server AlwaysOn, you can create availability group and listeners.
- The database account user must have privileges to access and modify the database.
- Download the latest version of ENS2 installer from the Software section of the My Workspace ONE portal.
- Run the installer. The InstallShield Wizard opens and displays the License Agreement.
- Select the I accept the terms in the license agreement check box and then click Next.
- Click Next to install the components at the default location. If you want to install the components at a custom location, click Change and browse and select your location.
- Click Browse and locate the config.xml file and then click Next.
- Click Certificate Password text box and enter the certificate password you provided when you downloaded the configuration file from the Workspace ONE UEM console, and then click Next.
- (Optional) On the AirWatch CNS Email Proxy Configuration window, provide the following information:
- Check Enable CNS Proxy to configure the CNS proxy. Enter the hostname/IP address and the proxy port of the the server.
- Select the authentication type:
- Anonymous - user name and password is not required
- Basic/Windows - Enter user name and password.
- Select the target site on the Airwatch IIS configuration window.
- On the Database Server window, enter the following information:
- Browse to select the database server where the database is located. Enter the IP address or host name of the server if the server is not listed.
- Select Windows authentication or server authentication based on your authentication configuration. If you choose server authentication, enter the login ID and password.
- Enter the name of the database in the Name of the database catalog text box and click Next.
The below diagram shows the configuration using SQL Server AlwaysOn.Note: If you are using SQL Server AlwaysOn, you can configure the availability group Listener URL here.
- If the database has already been created, browse and select the existing database.
- If there is no existing database, enter a name for the new database, and the installer will create and publish the database.
- You can configure using a single database configuration or with SQL AlwaysOn. The below figure shows the the single database configuration.
- Click OK to confirm and then click Install to start the installation.
- Click Finish to complete the installation.
After the installation is complete, an API token is displayed in a text file.
- Copy the API token.
Note: This API token is required when configuring the Boxer application UEM console. Use this value for the ENSAPIToken field.