Gmail deployments, by default, use the Google APIs to manage access to Gmail. You can identify the enrollment user with the user's email address while sending commands to Google. Alternatively, an administrator can also select an Active Directory custom attribute instead of the user’s email address to identify the user at Google. This custom attribute can be used when the Google email address is located in a custom attribute field of the customer’s Active Directory. The custom attribute settings are applicable to Google Apps using Password Provisioning, Google Apps with Direct API, and SEG V2 with Automatic Password Provision deployment methods.
- Navigate to Workspace ONE UEM administrator can map the custom attribute values and use the mapping value from the customers Active Directory. . The
- Enable the custom attribute in the Directory Services page, enter a mapping value, and synchronize the Active Directory users to update the enrollment user custom attribute. For more information about enabling the custom attribute, see Map Directory Services User Information in Directory Service Integration guide.
- Navigate to Configure. Configure the platform gateway and select Next. and select
- In the Add Email Configuration page, select the deployment model as Direct, email type as Google Apps with Direct API and select Next.
- Enter a friendly name for this deployment in the Deployment page. Enter the details of the Gmail settings, authentication, Gmail Directory APIs Integration, and SEG proxy settings.
- Enter Google User Email Address. The default value for Google User Email Address is Email Address. An administrator can select a custom attribute instead of the default email address.
- Configure email profiles. See Configuring Email Profiles.
You can use the custom attribute when the Google email address is located in a custom attribute field of the customer’s Active Directory.