The Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub for Windows Rugged devices is pre-configured with Workspace ONE UEM. Change these settings when you need the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub to meet certain business needs.
Upgrade the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub
When a new version of the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub releases, upgrade your devices remotely and easily. With product provisioning, devices receive the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub CAB file and install it based on directions. For more information, see the Product Provisioning Guide for Windows Rugged available on Workspace ONE UEM Resources.
If you are using a legacy Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub older than version 5.2.x, you must use the legacy Over-the-Air Migration method. For more information, see https://support.air-watch.com/articles/115001664548.
The AirWatch AWScript component allows you to configure your Windows Rugged devices through device-side scripting. The script file uses a dialect of BASIC as its core scripting language and adds Workspace ONE UEM-specific extensions on top.
For more information on the AWscript and its capabilities, see https://support.air-watch.com/articles/115001664528
|Device ID Algorithm||
Set the unique device identification algorithm used on the device.
|Heartbeat Interval (min)||Set the time (in minutes) the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub waits before checking in with the Workspace ONE UEM console.|
|Data Sample Interval (min)||Set the time (in minutes) the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub waits to collect data from the device.|
|Data Transmit Time Interval (min)||Set the time (in minutes) the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub waits to send data collected from the device to the UEM console.|
|Check-In on Condition (Event)||Enable to limit the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub to check-in or beacon to the UEM console only when certain conditions (Wi-Fi connection, AC Power, or NW Adapter) are met. This helps reduce bandwidth issues as devices typically meet the condition when they are stored for after hours.|
|Enable Shared Device Mode||Select this check box to enable shared device functionality.|
|Enable Hub Installation Complete Notification||Select this check box to enable or disable notifications for Hub installation completion.|
|Enable Product Install Status Notification||Select this check box to enable or disable notifications through the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub for product installation completion.|
|Collect Location Data||Enable to allow the to determine the device location based on a device's Wi-Fi network. When available, the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub will report the location to the Workspace ONE UEM console using the Data Transmit Interval.|
|Applications Poll Interval (min)||Set the time interval (in minutes) at which the applications list for each device will refresh on the Workspace ONE UEM console.|
|Certificate Poll Interval (min)||Set the time interval at which the certificate list for each device will refresh on the Workspace ONE UEM console.|
|Proxy Configuration||Enable to allow the configuration of a proxy settings.|
Application Manager Package Scheduler
These settings are for the legacy Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub v3.3.
Use the APPLICATION MANAGER PACKAGE SCHEDULER to define a schedule for devices with the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub v3.3+ to retrieve products provisioned on schedule.
|Add||Select to create schedules for provisioning products using Products (Legacy).|
|Application Manager Scheduler||Select the hour the product begins to push to devices.|
|Randomization Window (min)||Select the amount of time the product is pushed. The order of devices is randomized.|
|Request Enrollment Cab||Enable to create a side loading cab to quickly enroll devices.|
|Platform||Select the operating system for the cab file.|
|Enrollment User||Select a user for the cab file to use during enrollment. The cab file can be used on multiple devices regardless of the user selected.|
|Enrollment User Password||Enter the password for the user for enrolling with the cab file.|
|Show Characters||Select to show password characters.|
Windows Rugged Device Logging with the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub
All device log settings in Workspace ONE UEM are configured through the log_config.cfg file located in the "\Program Files\AirWatch" directory. When this file is opened up and viewed in Notepad, it appears with the following text and options.
The first setting group that appears under the asterisk is the default configuration settings for all logs available on the device.
Trace levels vary from 1 to 5. A level of 1 provides the most basic and least amount of information. Developers use Level 5 for debugging purposes since it provides all available messaging. There is a tradeoff between the trace level and the log size. A higher trace level increases the size of the log files due to messaging increase. The trace level that is set in the default section applies to all log files on a device.
You can keep the default log level low and still increase the log level for the four options below the default log level. Specify the log level for each of the options if you select to use a different trace level than the default level.
The logs available on a device vary based on what is configured and the OEM of the device. The following log files are generally available on Windows Rugged devices.
- aw_setup – Provides logging information relating to the AWMasterSetup utility. The AWMasterSetup utility initiates the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub install and uninstall process on a device. This log file is the only log file that is not located in the "\Program Files\AirWatch" directory. The log is instead located in the root of the file system.
- awacmclient – Provides logging information relating to the AWCM client on the device.
- awapplicationmanager – Provides logging information relating to product provisioning.
- awprocesscommands – Provides logging information relating to the execution of MDM commands and installation of profiles.
- AWService – Provides information about the AWService.exe component, which is responsible for managing beacon and interrogator samples.
- awapplyprofile – Relates to installation of the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub settings XML file which occurs during the enrollment process.
- awregisterdevice – Provides information about the registering of the device that occurs during the enrollment process.
- awapplauncher – Provides information about the Application Launcher executable. This log only applies to devices using the App Launcher.
- fusionwlansetup – Provides information about configuring and setting up the Fusion Wi-Fi driver on Motorola devices.
Configure Log Files
You can configure the trace level behavior of device log files in Workspace ONE UEM by doing some tweaking with notepad.
- Transfer the log file to your PC using the file manager utility in device details or through remote management.
- Open the log file using a basic text editor such as Notepad.
- Edit the desired trace level to the needed value.
- Save the log file.
- Transfer the log file back to the "Program Files\AirWatch" directory on the device.
Consider first deleting the old log_config.cfg file from the device.
- Restart the AWService on the device once it has the updated log_config.cfg file. Use the Restart Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub or the Warm Boot device actions available in the UEM console.
Once the AWService restarts, the new logging configuration takes effect.