Enroll Windows Rugged devices into Workspace ONE UEM to access internal content and features using Web enrollment. Web enrollment directs the user to an enrollment URL to complete enrollment and download the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub for your devices.
Device enrollment is required for all Windows Rugged devices you want managed by Workspace ONE UEM.
If you use the Product Provisioning functionality, you can enroll your Windows Rugged devices through additional enrollment methods. These additional methods, including sideload staging, require product provisioning.
Enroll Windows Rugged Devices Through Web Enrollment
Simplify device enrollment with Web Enrollment instead of downloading the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub manually. Send end users to a URL to enroll their devices into Workspace ONE UEM.
- Go to the enrollment URL using the native browser on the device. This URL is built into your environment and is accessible by appending "/enroll/welcome" onto your active environment.
For example, the Web Enrollment URL for mdm.saas.acme.com is the following:
- Enter the applicable Workspace ONE UEM solution information in the Group ID, Username, and Password text boxes.
- Optionally, select the Device Ownership type (Employee Owned, Corporate-Dedicated, or Corporate-Shared) and select Enroll.
- Select Accept to download the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub to the device.
- Select Continue to complete the enrollment.
Unenroll Windows Rugged Devices
When the time comes to unenroll a device from Workspace ONE UEM, ensure that you select the best method for your situation. Unenroll devices using enterprise wipe from the UEM console or remove the Workspace ONE Intelligent Hub from the Windows Rugged device.
Enterprise wipe enables you to clear corporate data, applications, and profiles from a device without removing personal data. This action enables you to unenroll an employee-owned device without clearing the personal data.
- Navigate to and select the Windows Rugged device you want to unenroll.
- From the Device Detail page, select the More option.
- Select the Enterprise Wipe option under Management.
- Enter your Admin PIN and confirm the Enterprise Wipe.
The device undergoes an enterprise wipe to remove corporate data and unenroll the device from Workspace ONE UEM.
AirWatch Cab Creator for Windows Rugged
The AirWatch Cab Creator allows you to create custom CAB files for use on Windows Rugged devices under Workspace ONE UEM. These custom CAB files consist of files and applications you add from your computer.
Simplify the install process combining all the files and applications you want on your Windows Rugged device into a custom CAB file. You can import CAB files into your own custom CAB file.
This feature allows you to create one custom CAB file that contains all the CAB files you must install on a device. You can also use the AirWatch Cab Creator to edit any existing CAB file on your PC. The AirWatch Cab Creator also supports importing files that you can then convert to CAB file upon saving.
Create a Custom CAB
Simplify installation of files onto your Windows Rugged devices by creating custom CAB files using the AirWatch Cab Creator for Windows Rugged. These custom CABS can contain your business files or the files necessary to upgrade your Windows Rugged devices.
To use the AirWatch Cab Creator for Windows Rugged, you must meet the following requirements:
- A Windows device running Windows 7+
- .NET Framework 4.5
- Download the "AirWatch Cab Creator" for Windows Rugged from the MyWorkspaceONE portal.
- Unzip the file to your preferred directory.
- Double-click CabBuilder.exe to start the app.
- Navigate to a file on your Local Drive you want to add to the custom CAB file. You can select a different drive by selecting Select Drive.
- Enter an Application Name. This text box is the name of the CAB file after installation.
Remember the name for use in Uninstall Manifest items.
- Select the file and drag it to the Device Drive pane.
To create a folder on the device drive, right-click the root drive and select Add Folder.
- Repeat Step 5 for each file or application you want to add to the custom CAB file.
- OPTIONAL: Add an existing CAB file to your custom CAB file by selecting Import a CAB File.
- Select Build a CAB File to save the CAB file and select a name for the file.
- Select Save to create a custom CAB file.