Configure a Personalization profile for Windows Desktop devices to configure the Windows Personalization settings. These settings include the desktop background and the start menu settings.
This profile does not create a multi-app kiosk device like the Kiosk profile. If you want to create a kiosk device, see Configure a Kiosk Profile (Windows Desktop).
- Navigate to Add Profile. and select
- Select Windows and then select Windows Desktop.
- Select Device Profile.
- Configure the profile General settings.
- Select the Personalization profile.
- Configure the Images settings:
Settings Descriptions Desktop Image Select Upload to add an image to use as the desktop background. Lock Screen Image Select Upload to add an image to use as the lock screen background.
- Upload a start layout XML. This XML file overrides the default start menu layout and prevents users from changing the layout. You can configure the layout of tiles, the number of groups, and the apps in each group. You must create this XML yourself. For more information on creating a start layout XML, see https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/configuration/customize-and-export-start-layout.
- Configure the Start Menu Policies settings. These settings allow you to control which shortcuts are allowed in the start menu. You can also choose to Hide or Show certain options such as the Shut Down option or the App List.
- Select Save & Publish.