With the OS update management system, admins can block and require iOS updates on their supervised iOS devices to keep all devices on a common iOS version for a consistent management experience. Maintaining the OS ensures that the device security issues are addressed with minor iOS updates and the devices are always up to date.
OS update management offers an ideal solution for admins to:
- Block end-user devices from detecting new iOS updates released by Apple. For more information on configuring the restriction profile to block end-users, refer Restriction Profile Configurations.
- Get information on current available patches/updates available for devices.
- Publish iOS updates to end-user devices.
iOS Update Management Features
- Block Update – Configure the device not to detect an update for up to 90 days from the release date of the update by Apple. For more information on configuring the restriction profile to block the updates, refer Restriction Profile Configurations
- List available updates – Lists all the available updates from Apple and lists out the devices that are eligible for the respective updates.
- OS Update Action – Define the OS update action; download only, install only, or download and install immediately.
- Monitor – Display the status of an OS update on assigned devices.