You can allow an admin to exit Single App Mode with a passcode on the device itself. This option is only available if you enable autonomous single app mode as the Filter Type for the Single App Mode profile.
- Navigate to Apple iOS. Select
- Configure the profile's General settings.
- Select the Single App Mode payload.
- With Permitted apps for autonomous single app mode selected, enter the bundle ID of an application that supports autonomous single app mode under Permitted Applications.
- Select Save & Publish to push this profile to the assigned devices.
- Navigate to for public apps, or for apps managed through VPP.
- Locate the autonomous single app mode supported application and select the Edit Assignment icon. The Edit Application window displays.
- Select the Assignment tab and expand the Policies section.
- Select Enabled for Send Application Configuration, enter AdminPasscode as the Configuration Key, and set the Value Type to String.
- Enter the passcode admins use to exit Single App Mode as the Configuration Value. The value can be numeric or alphanumeric. Select Add.
- Select Save and Publish to push the application configuration.