Managing iOS Updates can be achieved at an individual device level for a more direct approach to ensure that the latest updates and their functionalities are applied across a managed device. These updates can be deployed and monitored for an individual device by navigating to.
Publish iOS Updates for a Device
- Select Updates tab to view the snapshot of the available OS Updates details.
- Select an OS Update name and then select Publish. The Update page appears.
- Select the preferred Device Installation Method.
Note: Download/Install option for Update Assignments performs either download or install actions based on the status of the OS update on the device.
If the OS update has already been downloaded, then the command installs the OS update. However, if the OS update is not downloaded yet, then the command triggers a download instead. Send the command again after the download is completed to trigger the install.
- Select Send to publish the OS Update to the device.
- Select Query Update Progress to request the latest status on the update.
Track the Status for iOS Updates
The status for iOS updates are not shown until you schedule an update from the UEM console whether manually publishing or by assigning an update to the device. If an update is downloaded manually on an iOS device, the status of that update will not appear in the Updates list view. Once an admin schedules the update, the status on the console is updated. If an update installed manually, this is reflected in the Device Details Summary.
All commands and responses can be seen in event data by navigating to Device Details → More → Troubleshooting tab.